With all that's been going on with Mom, it's been a struggle to get to this blog and write something. So now I've got a month of photos to share. The most recent ones are from vacation. They'll make it on here sooner or later. But for now, here's photos from mid July to the first week of August. It's a long post.
7/18: Baby, it's hot outside!
During a heat wave, it's practically law for one to take a photo of the thermometer. So here ya go. The Small Human was melting in camp at the time, but he seemed to have fun despite the heat.
7/19: On a boat
My FIL keeps a boat in the driveway. He takes it out too, of course, but when it's not on the lake, it's here. The Small Human and his cousins love to climb on it. One of these days, the Small Human will get on the boat on the water with his Pop Pop for real. All we need to do is set a date!
7/20: No photo here.
I'm so far behind, I'm not bothering with old photos to put in its place.
7/21:Toy Story
Woody and the gang apparently know how to operate heavy machinery.
7/22: Safety Town
In Somewherein, the town puts on a 2 week safety course for all the kids entering kindergarten. As you can see, they have roads and traffic lights and stop signs and little buildings, too. The Small Human had a lot of fun, and learned a lot.
7/23: Bad car day
This is the tow truck guy posing in my driveway. Why did I need the tow truck guy? Because my battery died so hard that I couldn't even unlock my car with the key fob, that's why. So I called AAA, and tow truck guy came out to help. Turns out AAA has a mobile battery service. Tow truck guy fixed my battery, and I was a happy camper.
But it was still a bad car day.
Later, I got into a car accident. My fault. I'm a grownup, so I'll admit such things. I'm just glad that all the humans involved were ok. The first words out of my mouth were, "Are you ok?" and the second sentence was, "I'm so sorry!" I was so worried about the lady in the other car, and about my son, that for a good five minutes I didn't even notice that the front end of my car had fallen off.
So it was time to meet another tow truck guy, who brought us to the dealership, who brought us to the car rental place. We didn't get home until late.
I think it turned into have a glass of wine day.
7/24: Throwback Thursday
My high school reunion was coming up, and my fellow classmates were posting photos from 20 years ago. This was my contribution. I miss being that thin. You can keep the sparkly blue dress, though.
7/25: Colorbelt graduation
The Small Human went up another belt! The instructor had the kids doing running side kicks (or running front kicks?). I managed to get a photo of my child in the middle of it.
7/26: Wanted: Missing photo
Yeah, I didn't take a picture on this day, either. Sue me.
7/27: First loose tooth!
It's hard to see from this photo, but the Tooth Fairy's services will be needed soon. The Small Human's grownup tooth is right behind the loose one.
7/28: Birthday party
We bought this pool a month or two ago, and it sat in our backyard, mostly unused. Fast forward to July 28. The forecast was for rain. The rain date's forecast was for rain, too. So I set up for either an indoor or outdoor party. Luckily, the weather held out just long enough for us to have the party outside.
See this picture? This is the whole reason we bought the pool. :)
Later, we had the beating of Spongebob. It was satisfying to see.
7/29 Another birthday celebration
Birthday party, part 2, this time at Grandmom's.
7/30: Anyone want this?
In my basement, I also have Power Rangers, Toy Story, and Elmo. Want a window decoration? Please take them off my hands. I can mail them to you. Reply to this post, or send me an email or something.
7/31: On top of the world
This big rock is a new addition to the playground.
8/1: Corvette owner
Not much else to say here.
8/2: Safety Town graduation
Graduation was cute. The little humans all sat together and sang songs about safety. I'll post the video on Facebook one of these days. After they got their certificates, they all went back to the town to get free ices. My Small Human is posing here with one of the officers that taught the class.
8/3: Wine n cheese party
A friend of mine has an annual wine and cheese tasting party. Hubby has brought his Sam Adams Utopias (a really fancy, uncarbonated beer). Another partygoer was so impressed with the brew, he took a photo with him. Photo credit goes to this guy's wife.
8/4: First tooth!
While we were at the party, I got a call from my MIL. My boy lost his tooth! The Tooth Fairy didn't come that night, because we all got in so late and the taker of teeth was sleeping. The next day, we all went over a friend's house to watch Sharknado. If you haven't seen it yet, do so with a bunch of friends so you can all make fun of it together.
Anyway, despite getting home late again, I asked the boy if he wanted to put his tooth under the pillow. And he did. And, of course, the Tooth Fairy came. And the boy was a happy camper the next morning.
8/5: I didn't take a photo again. Whoops.
8/6 Theme park
The Small Human and his Pop Pop planned on only going to the safari, but they ended up in the park anyway. This photo is from his cell phone.
8/7: Mega zucchini
My zucchini plants are rather prolific, as most zucchini plants are. This is one of the first beastly zucchinis I picked.
If you got this far, congratulations! You made it!
Enough backlog for now. I need to upload more photos, anyway. I'll get around to it sooner or later. Considering my track record? Probably later than sooner!










I'm so happy to see that you wrote again! I love reading your blog and seeing all of the pictures whenever you have time to post them. :-)
ReplyDelete