2/17: Icy Snow
The snow the Small Human is standing on is a good 6 inches thick. It's covered with a layer of ice. Once the boy realized that he could walk on it without falling into a crevice of snow, he ran all around the front yard.
2/18: Chameleon
I thought the art my son did was pretty damn awesome, so I took a picture of it. He likes making things with a multitude of colors. Even if it means pictures of nurses that have purple outfits and green faces.
2/19: Practicing for graduation
The Small Human was getting ready to graduate from Dragon brown (yellow belt with a brown stripe) to an orange belt. It also meant graduating out of the little kids program and into the regular youth program. So here he is, with the older kids (OK, not much older), practicing an orange belt form.
2/21: Roller coaster
The Small Human came off the bus today, proudly carrying this piece of art. It's a roller coaster, with plenty of steps and loops to scare the pants off the most experienced roller coaster rider. It's proudly hanging on the fridge now, along with the chameleon you saw earlier.
I'm running out of fridge space. And magnets.
2/24: Oh, look! The ground!
Why, hello, earth! I haven't seen you all winter! Of course, you were covered in snow again just a few days after this photo was taken, but it was nice to see you for a little while.
Doesn't she look comfy on the blanket?
2/28: Color Belt Graduation
My boy is growing up! He kicked ass at graduation today, and earned his orange belt! Here the karate master is shaking hands with the Small Human after awarding him his orange belt. Shortly thereafter, he whispered into his ear that he was in the big kid class now, and that fooling around would no longer be tolerated. Anyway, I was kvelling. We went out to Red Robin the next day to celebrate.
I think the punishment for behavior such as fooling around or talking in class is push ups. I have a feeling that the Small Human will have very strong arms shortly... Although, to be honest, he's been pretty good so far. Hopefully the change of pace will help him sit still and not talk in class.
That's all the photos I took for the past 2 weeks. I suspect the first half of March will be mostly the same. Until next time...



No comments:
Post a Comment