Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Week 6: Stoned, and not in a good way.

Last week was certainly a challenging one for me.  I discovered the hard way on Sunday that I had a kidney stone.  If you've never experienced the unique sensation of a rock traveling through the sensitive areas of your upper urinary tract, I say good for you. It's nothing you'd like to try, believe me!

Day 37:  Superbowl Sunday
The saga began in the morning.  Chuck E Cheeses is unpleasant enough, IMHO.  But that place of the giant rodent is that much worse when it feels like someone hit you in the back with a baseball bat.  Ouch.

My Small Human was thankfully oblivious.  He was so excited to go to his friend's birthday party, and I really didn't want to ruin it for him.  Here he is, making up new rules for skee ball.

That long black ramp is a runway, isn't it?
Later, we went to a friend's house for a Superbowl party.  My boy had a lot of fun with the other kids.  Here they are doing their best to disrupt the watching of the commercials game.

My 3 mm nemesis came to the party too.  It threw down the gauntlet of severe pain, and completely whipped my ass by the end of the evening.  Our party hosts were gracious enough to share percoset with me.  The pain went from almost unbearable to a dull roar with the ingestion of advil, pepto bismol, 4 alcoholic drinks, and 2 percoset.  If you call it multi-modal pain relief, and then the polypharmacy doesn't sound all that bad, right? Right.

Day 38: The doctor's office
Between my primary doc and a visit to the local hospital for a CT scan, my little enemy was sighted.  While we were waiting, I discovered that they had a paper airplane dispenser in the waiting room.

For those times in your life when you really need to throw something.

Day 39: In-Home Nursing Care
I am lucky to have a very understanding employer and a wonderful family .  My work schedule was cleared for the week, and Hubby and my in-laws took care of the Small Human.  The Fatties Boombalatty elected themselves my nurses. 

Nurse Red Beast insisted that I stay on the couch!
Day 40: Self Medication
So my instructions were to drink lots of fluids and eat pain meds.  Chicken soup fixes darn near everything, so I thought it would make a batch.
Jewish penicillin.
Day 41: Getting better
I spent the day pain meds-free, which was a nice change.   I don't understand people who take percoset for fun.  Feeling woozy and sleeping a lot isn't really that much of a good time.  Anyway, My nursing staff was hard at work:
But Mom, I really want your PB&J sandwich!
The White Beast,  Mommy sitting






















Oh, and it snowed.  Which, for this year, is a rarity, so I took a picture of it.
OMFG SNOW!!!!!1!!1 It almost covered the road a little!

Day 42: Back to Work!
So glad to be back on my feet!
A sight for sore eyes, indeed!
Day 43: Power Rangers, Candy Land Edition
After work on Saturday, the Small Human and I played some board games.  He's easing out of his Toy Story obsession and easing into a Power Rangers obsession.  Sigh.  I am not a Power Rangers fan. At all.  Anyway, after we played our game, we had to line up all the pieces, and the Small Human proudly told me that we had the Blue Ranger and the Yellow Ranger and the Red Ranger and the Green Ranger!  Well, okay then. I'll take a photo of 'em.

Go Go Power Candy Land!

My next theme of the week, of course, will be love.  Bring your insulin and prepare for an onslaught of sweetness!

No comments:

Post a Comment