Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week 7: Love!

After a 2 week hiatus, I'm back. More or less. I've got a 3 post backlog to get to.

When last I left off, it was the week of Valentine's Day. The theme, of course, was loooove!

Day 72: Cards
What's a Hallmark Holiday without holiday cards?  We gave a hearty bleep you to Hallmark and made our own.
The Small Human is quite prolific with his card making skills.

His handwriting is as good as mine!

Day 73: Cookies
We made cookies to give as gifts for Grandmom and Pop Pop, and Daddy, too.  The Small Human was not content to stick with red hearts.  We had blue and green ones, too. I managed to keep the orange and black sprinkles safely tucked away in the spice cabinet.

Cookies

Extra credit:
Among the things I love the most is my son's laugh. Yes, we tell a lot of fart jokes over dinner.  Don't look so shocked; you do the same thing in your house, and you know it!


Day 73: Happy Valentine's Day!

 Of course there were flowers and chocolate...

Don't ever buy these pre-made. They are so easy to do yourself!
Hubby got me pretty flowers


Of all the photos I took this week, however, this one was my  favorite:
Happy Valentine's Day, Grandmom!

Day 74: Cat Snuggles
Hubby and I were supposed to go on our romatical dinner.  Instead, he had to work late. I didn't get word of this until I was just about ready to load the child up in the car and send him to his grandparents for the evening.  To say I was pissed was an understatement.

I've calmed down a bit since then, lucky for my hubby.  The cats did their best to smooth things over...
They left just enough room for me to breathe. Just.
Lazer kitteh protects Hubby from my wrath
 Day 75: "Give Mom and Dad More Hugs"
My Small Human and his fellow classmates were learning about the presidents this week.  Their teachers asked them what rules they would come up with if they were in charge.

Clearly, these kids are smarter than the current crops of Presidential hopefuls!
Day 76: Date Night

We finally had our romatical dinner at  local Thai restaurant! Hooray for an evening sans chicken nuggets! 

Aren't we cute?

Nothing says romance like heart-shaped sticky rice with mango.


Afterward, we continued our date at H&R Block.  Funny how nobody else was getting their taxes done at the same time. We had the place to ourselves!

Day 77: Birthday Party

My little brother got another year older on Saturday, so we went to visit him.  The kids were SO well-behaved. I'm not being sarcastic, either!  It helps that the restaurant brought out the Small Human's" pa-sketti" and sauce right away.  Bonus points for some super yummy ice cream for dessert. 
Ice cream = NOM NOM NOM
  
My moose nephew was happy with his drink from the tap.  Milk drunk, he slept through most of dinner.

Sleeping moose baby


Say cheeeese!


Birthday boy and family



And there ya go!  One week down, 2 more to go.  Week 8's theme: Chores. Not as fun a theme, but I did it, more or less.


No comments:

Post a Comment