Here's the rest of the backlog...
5/14: No photo here.
5/15: New friends
The Small Human makes friends everywhere he goes. He doesn't like to visit the park unless there are kids there for him to play with. Five minutes before this photo was taken, these two didn't know each other at all. They ended up playing together for the next hour, until we had to leave.
5/16: Flowers in the botanical park
There is a beautiful botanical park in my town. I had wanted to visit on Mother's Day during the Azalea festival, but we spent the day doing yard work instead. So I decided to visit on my own before all the azaleas were done flowering. It was damp and drizzling outside. Initially I wasn't going to go due to the weather, but I had really been looking forward to going. I'm so glad I went! I loved seeing all the plants in bloom.
The above photo, of course, is an azalea. I'm not sure what this one is, but it looked really cool.
5/17: Kindergarten orientation
I rushed home from work to pick up my son from my in-laws. As we head towards the Small Human's new school, he cried the entire way because he had just started playing at Grandmom's and wanted to finish his game. No sooner than I had parked the car, he became his happy self again. Because there were new friends to be made.
Orientation lasted an hour. The school principal told us about how the kids' days will be, and what they'll learn. About 10 minutes into it, they had the kids all line up and file out of the room with their future teachers. Of course, my child starts talking to everyone around him and had to be reminded to face forward. As they left the room, my allergies flared up real bad. *cough* I imagine I wasn't the only parent to have watery eyes.
God, I'm going to be a mess on that first day of kindergarten.
Anyway, the above photo is what the kids worked on when the kids were meeting their new teachers.
5/18: Greek festival
This is a terrible picture of the totally awesome food that I had at the Greek festival. I had moussaka, spanikopita (spelled wrong, I'm sure), roasted potatoes, and stewed green beans. Plus a salad and bread. And baklava. Of course. Delicious.
5/19: Phillies game
For Hubby's birthday, I got him tickets to see the Phillies. The weather was initially cold and rainy, but thankfully it cleared up in time for the game. Hubby narrated the game to the Small Human. We all had a good time, and bonus points for the Phils winning the game. Photo credit to the nice guy sitting in the row ahead of us.
5/20: "Our tree"
My niece and the boy had a playdate at my in-laws. The kids had so much fun that when I came to pick the Small Human up, my niece tried to the door so we couldn't leave. Not too long later, the two of them were out the formerly-blocked door and climbing the tree in the front yard. They dubbed it their tree. I thought it was adorable.
5/21: Special Persons Day
At preschool, they had a get together for the kids and their special person. I joined them for bagels and fruit. My son made the drawing above. The handwriting below the picture says, "I love you."
Not only was it Special Persons Day, it was my anniversary, too. Happy anniversary, Hubby!
5/22: Playdate in the park
Anyone who reads this blog knows that we go to the park an awful lot. There are actually two parks that we frequent the most. This one isn't one of them, but another park in the same town as preschool. My son and his bud were taking a break from exploring the garbage cans, the worm in the water fountain, and the chalk and dirt in the baseball field. Never mind the playground that was right there. They relaxed by gargling their water and talking about pee, poop, butts, and farts. In other words, they had a splendid time.
5/23: Happy birthday, Thing One and Thing Two!
My nephews turned two today! We gathered for cake and ice cream. Photo credit: My SIL's sister
5/24: Kittens
Stray kittens are easily found this time of year. We ended up finding two of them at work. We let them run around one of the empty exam rooms instead of keeping them cooped up in a cage. When I went to check on them in the room, I found the kittens curled up on each other, taking a nap.
I found out today (5/26) that the tabby kitten didn't make it. I wish I had more to say, but I don't. It's sad.
5/25: A work in progress
We're in the process of turning my son's baby room into a usable guest room. The bed is finally cleared of baby clothes, and said baby clothes are now in the attic. Well, most of them. What you don't see is the pile of blankets in the corner, the extra baskets on the dresser, and the baby safari animal decals on the walls. But hey! The bed is now usable as a sleeping surface. And that's a start.
5/26: Double trouble with bubbles
Thing One and Thing Two had their official birthday party today. There was a shark theme. My SIL did an amazing job of putting the party together! Shark cupcakes, a fishing tub complete with magnetic fish, a cardboard shark mouth for photo ops, a mini bounce house, and a bubble machine. The boys were thrilled with the bubbles, as you can see from the photo above.
That's it! I'm all caught up now! Until, of course, I wait another few weeks to post again.







No comments:
Post a Comment