Friday, May 24, 2013

4/29-5/13 The Recap, part 1

Holy crap! It's been a month since I last posted! In the words of Wdiget (from Nick Jr.'s Wow Wow Wubsy, for those of you without preschoolers), well, that wasn't supposed to happen.  Because it's a month's worth of photos, I'm going to break this up into two posts.

Here's part 1.

4/29: Young paleontologist
I got the Small Human a clay dinosaur egg last year.  When you bang it open, there's little dinosaur bones inside, which you can assemble into a little dinosaur skeleton.  It's lain on the hutch all this time, forgotten, until this day.  The Small Human had a fun time destroying it, and we had fun putting the little skeleton together, too.

4/30: Flowering cherry tree
I love this tree in the spring.  The blooms are so beautiful!  Normally, I take photos of the entire tree.  This time, I decided to take photos while standing underneath the branches.

5/1: Buddies
We love the park! We had an impromptu playdate with some of the Small Human's friends.

5/2: The White Beast
We get a lot of sunlight coming through our front door when it's open.  The White Beast (and the other two beasts as well) took advantage of the sunny spot.

5/3: Second opinion
This photo of a new knee was taken while I waited to see the new orthopedist.  He told me that my shoulder, at this point, is fine!  It's my neck that's the problem.  He took some X-rays that clearly showed that one of the disc spaces in my neck is compressed and full of bone spurs.  Oy vey! So more physical therapy for me. Yay.

5/4: Father and son
My two favorite males, sitting on the couch together.

5/5: No photo here.
Whoops.

5/6: Field Day
Photo credit: One of the grownups at the preschool.  I found it on the preschool's facebook page.

5/7: Making Mothers Day cards for Grandmas
For Grandmom and Grandma, the Small Human made cards.  The swirly bit you see is a drawing of a roller coaster. The Small Human used his favorite stickers to decorate the front of the cards.

5/8: Playing cars
A Small Human and his car collection. There's not much else to say about that.

5/9: Ducks in the park
When we go to the park, we don't normally see ducks. But there was a big puddle at the entrance to the playground today.  And in that puddle were the two ducks that you see in the photo.  The Small Human was pretty psyched to see them.

5/10: Mother's Day gift



The bookmark says, "I love my mom because she makes me pizza and plays games."

The flower in its pot have been hanging out in my kitchen since I got this.  Thankfully, my cats haven't eaten it. Yet.

5/11: A visit with Grandma (and Grandpa)

We went to see my mom and stepdad on Saturday My brother, SIL, and the Moose joined us.  It was nice to see my parents again, in a place that's not the hospital!  I got a photo of my boy with both Grandma and Grandpa, too, but it didn't come out well.

5/12: Mother's Day

A photo of my Mother's Day haul.  Hubby made us pancakes for breakfast, too.  We spent the day doing yardwork, but my garden was in serious need of attention.

5/13: Karate circle
The instructor had the kids practicing in a circle today, instead of their usual lines.

That's it for part one! I know you're all eagerly awaiting part two....

No comments:

Post a Comment