Sheesh! Didn't I just do this a while ago? I didn't realize that 3 weeks have sped by since my last entry! Like the last time I went long between posts, I'm going to break this one up. First of all, I don't feel like posting 3 weeks of photos right now. Secondly, I'm pretty sure you'd want to gauge your eyeballs out after reading something that long, anyway!
It also appears that I missed taking a bunch of photos these past few weeks, I'll try to be more consistent in taking photos from now on. We'll see if that actually happens.
6/9: The Big Pool
For the past 3 years, we've joined a swim club about a half hour away from us. There is a 50 foot deep swimming hole, and a much more manageable pool that is only 5 feet deep at the deep end. With the shallow end only 18 inches deep, it's the perfect kiddie pool. The Small Human has dubbed this "The Big Pool," and thus, the big pool it is. We went to visit today.
I thought since it was a nice 80 degree day, it'd be perfect weather to hang out and go for a swim. I should have know something was amiss by the scarcity of cars in the parking lot. What I didn't think about was the several days worth of cold rains that had occurred prior to this photo being taken. So while the air was nice, the water was COLD. This did not deter the Small Human in the slightest. He happily jumped in and played with the 3 other kids in the water. I managed to make it in to my waist before I gave up and just hung out on the sidelines. We didn't stay for very long, but it was a very nice day out. Just not the best for going swimming.
6/10: Rainy Monday
Today was replete with torrential downpours all day. I normally don't care if a few raindrops get on me, but this was ridiculous. This was one of those days when I used an umbrella to get from my car in the driveway to the house.
6/11: Car shopping
Apparently, MIL runs a dealership in her house...
6/12: Flooded park
Rain was a constant theme for this week. We went to visit the park so the Small Human could blow off some excess energy. The playground itself was pretty dry. The rest of the park was a different story.
As always, the boy found a group of other small humans to play with. They were like a herd of wildebeests, racing from one play structure to the next. Eventually they ran towards a small bridge that led them to the rest of the park. Normally, this bridge runs over a small stream. Today, it ran over a swamp. You can't see from this photo, but the water was up to the barbecues and picnic tables a little ways away from this flooded park bench. The boys wanted to visit the ducks, but they got distracted by bugs instead. The ducks that normally frequent the stream were happily swimming in a further away section of the swamp, avoiding the herd of children.
6/13: Throwback Thursday
I didn't take a photo today, so here's one from June of 2008.
This is my dad with the Small Human. I wish I had the chance to make more photos of him with my son. Dad would have loved to see how big the Small Human is now.
6/14: Throwback Friday
Missed another day of photos, so here's one from May of last year:
Three of my dearest friends and I took a 3 day weekend in NYC last year. To say we had a blast is a complete understatement. We were going to do another girls weekend this year, but it just didn't work out. I'm hoping next year we can do it again.
6/15: Home grown picnic
We use our grill so infrequently that our propane tank from 3 years ago still has gas in it. I decided that this year, I'm going to get over my fear of the grill and learn how to use the damn thing. My first attempt this year was Bubba burgers and grilled corn. Success! The three of us hung out outside, eating hamburgers and drinking beer (the Small Human had water, fear not...). It was blissful. We so need to do this again.
Well, there's part 1. Part 2 will happen tomorrow or Tuesday. Hopefully.


No comments:
Post a Comment