Tuesday, July 2, 2013

6/16-6/23 Backlog, part 2

Round two of catching up. A lot of these have been posted on Facebook already.

6/16: Birthday girl
My cousin turned 30 today, so she had a big party to celebrate.  There was a lot of stuff for kids to do. She had an arts and crafts table, cool pens with flowers on them, and balloons. Lots of balloons.
The Small Human was a big fan.

Today was also Father's Day.  I made French toast for the family. The Small Human and I gave Hubby 2 dress shirts.  After the party, we visited Hubby's parents to continue our Father's Day celebration there.

6/17: Blast from the past
I didn't take a photo today, so here's one from exactly 7 years ago.

6/18: Speaking of seven years ago today...
Yes, I forgot to take a photo today, too. So here's another one from 2006.


6/19: A visit to the library
The Small Human has quasi reading assignments for the summer.  They're not required reading, per se, but the school encourages summer reading.  So we visited the town library to check out some books.  I read a few to the Small Human, and then we wandered over to the section that housed the Captain Underpants books.  The Small Human has been really into hearing about the hero that is a champion of all that is soft and cottony.  We've been having dramatic readings of Captain Underpants nightly.

This reminds me that we finished Attack of the Wedgie Woman, and we need to return it.

6/20: Impromptu pool party

The Small Human and I had a great day. After physical therapy in the morning, where I received compliments on how well behaved he was, we went to the bagel store for lunch.  Afterward, we stopped by Rita's for dessert, and then we were off to the park.  While the boy was gallivanting about, I got a call from my MIL.  Apparently, my niece didn't want to swim in the pool alone, so she wanted the Small Human to come over.  A little while later, we did, and the two of them had fun splashing about.  At one point, they got all philosophical and discussed volcanoes, castles, God, and the devil. My in laws and I enjoyed some ice tea while we watched the discussion unfold.

6/21: A kitten and a bunny
Bunnicula is owned by one of the technicians at work.  We let him out so he could stretch his bunny legs.  Five minutes later, he had deposited plenty of bunny pellets all over the floor, and then retired to his litter pan for some R&R.  Meanwhile, the 9 month old kitten you see in the cage was fascinated by him.  She sat there, transfixed, by the site of this huge rabbit who was bigger than she was. Unfortunately, you can't see how big here eyes were in this photo.

6/22: Birthday boy
I am blessed with two best friends; the guy you see in the picture, and my sister from another mister.  I'm sure I'll post a photo of her at some point or another.  Anyway, my best bud turned 40, and his wife threw a kickass party for him.  As part of the theme, we all wore concert T-shirts.  The one my friend is wearing is from a band that he was in.

Between my cousin and my best bud, I got to celebrate two milestone birthdays in a week!

6/23: New toy
 The Small Human loves my in-law's pool so much, he wanted one, too.  His birthday is coming up, so we said why not?  Besides, these inflatable thingies are pretty cheap.  So we got one. Finding a level surface in our backyard to put it on was a bit of a challenge. This seemed the best place for it.  I hope it's not too close to our patio, but I'm pretty sure it is.  I think I'll have to put "splash zone" on the umbrella to give people a fair warning.


So that's part two.  Part 3 to be scheduled either later or tomorrow.  Probably tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment