6/24: First day of camp
The Small Human was super excited to go to camp. It was his first year going from 9-4, and I have to say I was a little nervous about how this was going to work out. I carefully packed his bag with his change of clothes, towel, backup bathing suit and backup clothes, packed up a huge lunch with snacks, and told him about all the contents of his bags. When we got there, he barely gave me a goodbye before running off to meet new friends. For me? A few sniffles once I got to the car, but I managed to keep myself together.
The Small Human, upon the car ride home, proclaimed it "The Best Day Ever!!!" He managed to eat everything in his huge lunch. All that backup clothing, of course, was completely unneeded.
6/25: D'oh! Another missing photo!
Told ya I've been bad about keeping up!
6/26: Crazy sock day
At camp, each day has a different theme. Today's theme was crazy socks. The Small Human wore his favorite blue striped pair. He's the boy in the blue shirt in the left corner.
6/27: Cat statue
I finally planted my annuals today! You can see some of the vinca in the background. Unfortunately, none of my vinca photos came out well. So here's a photo of a cat statue amongst the greenery. It was given to me years ago by a friend. The statue was hiding under the creeping phlox for a few years. When my MIL came over to help rearrange the garden, she found it and placed it up front.
6/28: Another great day at camp
For each theme day at camp, the counselors choose a winner. Today's theme was backwards shirt day. He was the winner. This made for a very happy Small Human.
It basically says that the kids are totally awesome, and were the best kids this counselor has ever had. I don't know if he sends that note home to all his groups, but it sure made me happy to see it nonetheless.
6/29: Brew at the zoo
The six of us went to a beer festival at the zoo. Throughout the park were little beer kiosks. At each kiosk, you could sample a different brew. Now, 2 ounces of beer per sample may not seem like a lot of beer, but when you multiply it by 25, it makes for a hefty amount of alcohol. Therefore, Hubby and I stayed in a nearby (walking distance) hotel that night.
Before that, though, we got a little silly. One of the stands was handing out fake mustaches.
One of my friends got into it, too.
We tried to convince the other four to don fake mustaches too, but we were unsuccessful.
6/30: Before and after
What happens after spending an entire afternoon jumping off a diving board? This.
7/1: Drying rack
The Small Human spends a lot of time swimming at camp. Everything he puts in his backpack after a day of pool time is soaked. Even his socks are wet. Lately, the boy's been coming home sans socks, because of this. Anyway, the drawings he does at camp get soaked, too. I was drying them out on the couch. Probably not the best place to dry things out, but it was servicable.
7/2: Patriotic petunias
I did my flower containers in red, white, and blue this year. Most of the white flowers are not blooming in this photo, but I swear they do. I guess in this picture, you could also say they were Penn colors.
So there you have it! I'm all caught up. Until the next time I let this blog go for 3 weeks. Hopefully, that won't happen again.


No comments:
Post a Comment