After this post, I'm all caught up, more or less. Hooray! This post has lots of missing photos. I confess! I didn't take a picture every day. Commence the beating with a wet noodle!
Hey. At least I'm still keeping up with the blog. For the most part. Anyway, here's some photos with their stories. What I'll do is find a photo with the same exact date, minus the year. That should fill in the blanks.
8/19: No photo. The first in a series of no photos.
So here's one from my baby shower, back in 2007.
To the left of me is my best friend. She's my sister from another mister. The only reason we're not really sisters is because we have different parents.
The baby shower was held after the Small Human was born. He had decided to make his entrance into the world 7 weeks early.
8/20: A spoonful of cat food helps the medicine go down...
The Red Beast is usually pretty good with his 5 different medications. However, one of them was a liquid. He hated it. To the point of running way and hiding from me whenever it was medicine time. He did this to my pet sitter, too. She texted me one night while we were on vacation, distraught that my usually friendly cat was hiding from her.
So I needed a solution to his medicine problem. Turns out there's a powdered form of the same medication. When I've given it to him before, it was in his regular food. Which meant he never finished it, and the other cats got a laxative. Not good. This time, I gave the medication in a little bit of Fancy Feast. Eureka! The cat got his whole dose of medicine, and he enjoyed it, too. No more running away. He even started begging for his "treat." And he started grooming again. Success!
8/21: No photo.
Here's one of my cat playing secretary, from 2010:
8/22: No photo here, either.
Here's another one from 2007. My kid in the NICU, jaundiced to the point that he looks like a skinny umpaloompa.
8/23: Pre School
Finally! A photo from 2013! Here's a display of all the crap my kid needs for kindergarten. By the way, that backpack has annoying LEDs on the Autobot symbol. Any time the bag moves, those buggers go off, giving off light strong enough to blind you. It wouldn't surprise me if those lights could be seen from space.
8/24: Fresh from the garden
My plants have been making very large cucumbers. I didn't know what to do with them all. Thanks to the internet, I found a recipe for cucumber salad. It came out pretty good.
8/25: A man and his first born
Hubby loves his Corvette. Very much. It stays in the garage most of the time, and only comes out on perfectly sunny days. Here he is washing his baby.
8/26: New deli
A friend of mine suggested a new place to eat. So on my work break I went, and got an awesome prosciutto and fresh mozzarella sandwich. I understand that it doesn't look very appetizing in the photo. My cell phone camera sucks, and I'm not the best photographer. But believe me, it was awesome.
8/27: Another missing photo
Here's one from 2011. I think this was in the middle of Hurricane Irene, I decided to make a feast since we were stuck indoors.
8/28: Chuck E. Cheeses
I despise Chuck E. Cheeses. Inevitably, it's crowded, and I hate crowds. Especially when my kid can slip into the sea of humanity and become very hard to find. But it was a rainy day, and it's the end of the summer, so off to Chuck E. Cheeses we went. Thankfully, the crowd was minimal. Looks like the place sucks less when you go on a weekday.
All that hard work playing skee ball and video games, and here's the prize he won:
8/29: Work art
With all the kids getting ready for school, work was pretty slow. During some downtime, the technicians made some sculptures
8/30: A note from the teacher
The Small Human's kindergarten teacher sent him a post card, welcoming him to her class. My boy was thrilled to get a letter mailed to him!
8/31: Hanging on to the last days of summer
As I mentioned before, we got a pool with the specific purpose of providing entertainment at the Small Human's birthday party. We barely used it the rest of the summer. So here it is, on the cusp of the school year, Labor Day weekend, and finally we all got in the pool and enjoyed ourselves.
9/1: Indoor barbecue
Keeping with the theme of holding on to the end of summer, I decided that we should use the grill. Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate. Instead, I broiled the hamburgers and boiled the corn in the house. So we had our picnic, just in an alternate location.
9/2: Hot sauce!
My cayenne plants were quite prolific. The problem is my son won't eat spicy food. What to do? Make hot sauce! Like I did with the cucumber salad, I scoured the internet looking for a recipe, and found a few that I could combine into the ingredients that I had on hand. My whole house stank like vinegar and peppers.
The end result:
Well...It's not the best hot sauce I've ever tasted. Not very spicy. I'm hoping that as it mellows a bit in the fridge, it will develop some more flavor besides vinegar.
9/3: Yet another missing photo.
Here's one from 2011. My brother and SIL threw a party for Labor Day.
9/4: First day of kindergarten!
It was a big day in the Nonymous house. The Small Human became a kindergartener! We all got up earlier than we needed to be. Hubby took the day off so he could see his boy off to school. We were the first ones at the bus stop. It was nice to meet the other kids and parents in the neighborhood. The Small Human boarded the bus without even a glance backward at us.
Once he boarded the bus, we drove over to the school with his nap mat in tow. The Small Human saw us and exclaimed, "Mom! Dad! What are you doing here?" We followed him to the yard where the kindergarteners lined up, and we met the teacher. Soon, it was time for the kids to go into the classroom. We said goodbye and watched him disappear into the school.
I managed to hold back the tears until he went inside the building. I was very proud of myself for not losing it before then.
9/5: Time for another old photo
This one is from Rhode Island in 2005. We went on a boat ride on the Pawkatuck river.
9/6: Cloudless sky
It's a crappy picture, and the screen is in the way, but the sky was cloudless and beautiful. I think next time I'll go outside to take a good and proper picture of the sky!
9/7: A pile of small humans
We went to a football party. Now, I could care less about the game, but I did enjoy hanging out with my friends. As you can see, the kids had a most excellent time. Photo credit to a friend who just so happens to be my son's karate teacher.
9/8 Giant caterpillar
We found this bad boy in our garden yesterday. Does anyone know what species this is?
Finally, I'm caught up! Yes! I'd solemnly swear to update more often, but I know damn well that ain't gonna happen. Hopefully I'll update more than once a month from here on in.











No comments:
Post a Comment