Sunday, October 6, 2013

Yet another month has gone by... 9/9-9/25

This is the farthest I've gotten in a photo a day year.  I'm not feeling the blog thing right now, and I'm more or less updating out of a sense of obligation to finish this. On top of that, Picasa has done away with their photo editing capability, which makes it a lot harder for me to keep these photos anonymous, when there's names involved.  I've got photoshop on my computer, but for me, it's unwieldy.  Anyway, enough kvetching for now. Here's some photos.

9/9: Moth on sedum
The months were having a field day on my sedum plants.  Here's one of 'em.

9/10: Blank. 
Ya know, I've gotten bad about actually taking a photo every day.  But for the 5 of you who read this blog, you've probably noticed that. :)

9/11: Doing my civic duty

I had jury duty this week.  If I knew exactly what day and time I had to go in, it wouldn't be that much of a pain in the ass.  But having to call daily to find out if I'm needed, is really annoying.  Especially when the message says I have to call again in the afternoon, in case I have to go in later.  Because it makes scheduling things like work and child care a bit of a challenge. Turns out my service for the week consisted of calling once in the afternoon. By Thursday, the notice on the jury hotline said, "Thanks for your service! You're done for the week!"  At least I'm good to go now for the next 3 years.

9/12: More harvest photos



My garden had a building year this year.  With my shoulder being out, the most I could do was plant my seedlings and watch what happened.  So the garden was overrun with weeds. Turns out my watermelon did ok.  They're tiny little things, but super sweet.

The second photo depicts the harvest of over ripe bananas from my freezer.  It's my mom's recipe.  I made one loaf for us, and the other to bring to my mom in the hospital for a morale boost.  My stepdad said she ate so much banana bread that she ended up making herself sick!

9/13: Another missing photo.

I'd add ones from the same date from years ago like I did in the last blog entry, but today I just don't care.  Like I said, I'm just not into the whole blogging thing today. But I'm a month behind and it's time to catch up.

9/14:  Yom Kipur

While the grownups fasted and sat through the morning service, the kids got to eat their breakfasts and sat through a kid-friendly version.  Afterward, it was arts and crafts time.  The Small Human made a challah cover, with drawings of his friends on it, and made a mezuzah cover, too.

9/15: Have a cool Yule

I visited Mom in the hospital. Turns out she's now blind in the left eye (opposite the injury), and can't seem to find anything that goes out of her vision.  She also talks about the same 3 subjects over and over.  Today's topic was the cross stitch you see in front of you.  She must have lost it at least half a dozen times while I was there, and kept asking me to purchase a new one for her.  The top third of the instructions are missing.  I'm not sure where she or the nurses placed it.  But I'm fairy certain it would be almost impossible to find a replacement, seeing that it's from 1996. 

9/16: Flat as a pancake
The White Beast turns himself into a lump on a regular basis.  Here's a photo of him doing his best pancake impersonation.

9/17:  Back to school night
Our first back to school night!  We met the principal, who is the lady up front. We also met the Small Human's teacher.  If you could imagine the stereotypical kindergarten teacher, that's her. Soft, gentle voice, nice as pie, with a rocking chair in the front of the class room.  I like her.

9/18: Homeade challah
The grocery store didn't have any, so I took matters into my own hands.

9/19: A note to the doctor
It's not only my house that sees a division of labor.  For example,  Hubby is in charge of keeping the checkbook in order.  I'm in charge of keeping the cats in order.  In this case, the wife is in charge of the dog, but when the dog needed to go to the vet this day, she sent her husband as her proxy.  To make sure he kept his story straight, she sent a note detailing the problem.  As for me, I love notes like this.  It means I get the straight poop as to what's going on, and I can better provide an answer or two to the owner's questions.

9/20: Puppy in a purse
There are pet carriers of all shapes and sizes.  Top loaders, side loaders, ones with wheels, etc. There are even ones shaped like handbags.  This little lady loved her handbag-shaped carrier, to the point that when we set her down on a counter, she found one of the technician's purses and jumped right in.

9/21: Whoops.

9/22:  Concert

The boy started Sunday school today.  The kids had a half session, and then they all got to see Rick Recht in concert.  I didn't know Jewish rock existed, but apparently it does.  It's more like pop music than heavy metal, but I thought he put on a good show nonetheless.  He invited all the kids up on stage.  Mine, of course, decided to mess with one of the microphones.  Thankfully, he didn't induce any technical difficulties.

9/23: Karate kid
This is the Small Human's karate photo.  I think he looks totally badass with the sword, but I'm biased.

9/24: Take your cat to work day.

I brought the Gray Beast to work today for a checkup.  Here's a photo of me holding her.

9/25:  Family portrait
Every day in school, the Small Human gets a "math fact."  The one in this photo is "9+6=15." Then he has to draw 15 items, for example.  So the boy dutifully drew his 15 items, but then enhanced his drawing with one of the three of us.  Daddy is in the green, I'm in the blue, and he's the short guy in the middle.

That's all I got for now.  Once I upload my photos from my camera, and when I finally get around to it again, I''ll post some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment