11/1: Halloween celebration
Up until this year, our normal routine is that the kids would visit their Grandmom and Pop Pop before heading out to trick or treat. Now that there's 4 kids, two of which are 2 1/2, and the other two are all about trick or treating, we held off on the family Halloween party until the next day. Princess didn't wear her pop star costume, but instead chose her Power Rangers costume from last year. The Small Human reprised his role as the Dragon Ninja. And Thing 1 and Thing 2 were dressed in the same Batman costume so nobody would fight about having to be Robin. :)
11/2: Missing photo.
11/3: Continuing Education
One of the local referral hospitals put on an all day continuing education seminar at a winery. We got 6 hours of good information, interspersed with a few glasses of vino. This photo is from the downstairs of the place, where they had the wine tastings for the regular customers
11/4 and 11/5: Two missing photos. Told ya my motivation for this photo project has been flagging..
11/5: To boldly stitch where no one has stitched before...
For that geek on your Christmas list, you can cross stitch a picture of Captain Picard. Now you know that this exists at your local AC Moore.
11/6: Power Ranger cards
The new Power Rangers (Power Rangers Megaforce, for those who need to know) come with these cards. There is apparently a game that you can play with them, but we don't know what it is. So the Small Human makes up the rules as he goes along. If I'm playing with him the rules are inevitably skewed so he'll win every time. It's kindof like playing Fluxx, except that there's not even a basic rule to go by.
11/7 and 11/8: Missing more photos. It's been a rough two weeks. We'll leave it at that.
11/9: Broken photo
This was supposed to be a picture of a lone red-leafed tree in the midst of big, naked trees. My cell phone has been acting naughty as of late. This is its newest shenanigans.
11/10: Nope. No photo here, either.
11/11: Standing at the foot of greatness
Ben Franklin was my dad's hero. On a day off from school, the Small Human and I went to visit the Franklin Institute. When I was in Girl Scouts, we got to sleep over at the museum once. There was a dance party in this very hall, and I remember sliding down the statue. Obviously, it's roped off now. But I had to get a photo of the Small Human standing in front of Ben Franklin, both as a tribute to my Girl Scout trip, and more importantly, as a tribute to my dad.
Falling asleep on the way home is a sure sign of a busy day at the museum.
11/2, 11/13: Missing photo.
11/14: Fun in the leaf pile
I think when you're a kid, there's not much more fun than jumping into a huge pile of leaves. Hubby had spent the morning leaf blowing the piles into the street (where a big truck picks them up), but he left a pile in the yard specifically for the Small Human to play in.
On a somewhat related note, I love this kid's beautiful blue eyes.
11/15: The apology
Well, that's it for now. I've got some uploading to do, and then there's the motivation to keep going with this blog. I'm pretty sure it'll take a hiatus once the new year comes.




No comments:
Post a Comment