1/1: New Year's brunch/Happy birthday!
We started out New Year's at a friend's house for brunch. The food was fantastic, as was the company. One of the party hosts was quite pregnant, as you can see from the photo. She gave birth a week or two later.
Later that night, we went to MIL's house to celebrate my BIL's birthday:
Now that we are parents, we have all discovered that we are no longer allowed to blow out candles on our own. The next photo is my BIL and all the kids blowing out the candles together.
1/2: Bookends
My cats were being cute. They like to fight, but then they'll groom each other when they're done beating the crap out of each other. I'd say all in all, they're buddies. They should be, being brother and sister and all.
1/3: Footprints in the snow
The first snowstorm of the year. A cat walked through the snow on our porch. Over the next week or two, those footprints would freeze as the snow melted and froze over. I wish I got a photo of that, too, but I didn't.
1/5: Ice storm
The second storm of the year brought us a shit ton of ice. It rendered the snow crunchy, and the walkway so slick you could barely stand up straight. The first pic is our Christmas lights covered in ice. The second is my ice-covered windshield.
1/4: Methuselah and me
My best friend's cat is a million years old. Here we are in a Vulcan mind meld. Photo credit goes to my bestest bud.
1/10: Happy birthday, Princess!
It was Princess' birthday today! SIL had a family party for her on her actual birthday, and a kids party the next day.
1/11: Movie time
All the kids, all lined up, ready to watch Walking with Dinosaurs. Photo credit goes to my SIL.
I like this more relaxed photo pace. Maybe next year I'll do a photo a day project again, but for now, I'm just gonna take it easy. Next post: Round 2 of January.




No comments:
Post a Comment