1/12: It's fun to play at the Y-M-C-A
The Small Human had a birthday party for one of his classmates at the YMCA. They had a bounce house, big foam thingies to play on (as you see here), and little scooters to ride along. Afterward, everybody had pizza and cake.
1/18: Pump It Up
The next week, the Small Human had another birthday party for another classmate. This one was for his best friend, so he was thrilled to be invited. Bounce houses always = awesome in his book. Cupcakes decorated with Storm Troopers and Darth Vader made the party that much awesomer.
1/19: Engagement Party
My cousin is getting married! We celebrated their engagement at a Middle Eastern restaurant buffet. My aunt gave a toast to the happy couple, and mentioned that my dad and grandparents were there in spirit. The food was amazing. I overate. Over eating + medication with a side effect of sleepiness = super drowsy afterward. I was so tired, I embarrassingly almost feel asleep at the table! On the trip home, I took a nap. Luckily, my doc has since decreased me medication, so I'm no longer so sleepy.
1/20: Budding paleontologist
On Martin Luther King Day, the Small Human had the day off from school. So we went to the Academy of Natural Sciences in Philadelphia to spend the day. One of the exhibits is an excavation area. The kids were given safety glasses and chisels, and were sent on their merry way to uncover bones. The Small Human loved it.
Later on we visited an animatronic dinosaur exhibit. There, they had big, moving, growling dinos. At first, the Small Human thought it was cool, but as we made our way through the exhibit, he got scared that the growling T-rex was going to bite him. He was so frightened that he wouldn't even go near it, so we had to backtrack through the exhibit to leave.
Later on, we visited the butterfly exhibit.
I took a ton of photos. The Small Human borrowed my camera and took a bunch too, but he's not so good with the macro lens yet. The beauty of those insects was astounding. People would stand there, arms raised, in hopes that the butterflies would land on them.
1/22: Moar Snowz!
Yet another snowstorm. This one produced a decent amount of the white stuff. It was COLD outside! To the point that when I took the boy to the bus stop the next day, we took the car. And the bus stop is literally a two minute walk from the house.
Anyway, I had a doctor's visit that day, so I dropped the boy off with his grandparents. They took him sledding for the first time ever.
He had a blast going down the hill. The Small Human has snow mittens, that are waterproof and therefore don't get wet when you handle the snow. But he was frustrated with his lack of ability to grab stuff. So the boy switched to his fleece gloves. Now, fleece gloves aren't waterproof. It didn't take long for his hands to become soaking wet. Once that happened, that was the end of sledding. I'm not sure who to give the photo credit to. Someone in the park, obviously.
1/26: Power Ranger couch party
For whatever reason, the Small Human stuffed all his Power Rangers into the couch. I don't really get it, but he seemed to have had a really good time.
1/27: Karate time
The Small Human is in the Little Dragons program at karate. He's a Dragon brown belt. Next stop up is the regular youth program, and an orange belt. Here one of the instructors is teaching him the form he'll need to know as an orange belt. Again, not sure who the photo credit goes to. I found the picture on the instructor's Facebook page.
1/28: Homework time
Here's the boy hard at work .Most of the time I'm in the room with him, helping out and making sure that things get done. Sometimes, if the door's open, the cats try to make their way into the room. The Small Human's not a fan of this, so he wrote a note:
It reads," No cats in here." Now, my cats are pretty smart, but I don't think they're smart enough to read the sign...
1/29: The sun will come out tomorr-, er, sooner or later
Unlike that accursed groundhog, the Small Human predicts that sunny days are ahead.
1/31: Cupcakes
The Small Human's basketball team had a party the next day. I volunteered to make cupcakes. They have these squirt bottles of frosting with different tips. I got to make the cupcakes look all fancy this way. I felt like I was cheating, but they came out pretty.
So that's January! In a week, I'll post the first half of February. Probably.






No comments:
Post a Comment