Sunday, May 29, 2011

Days 129-141: More photo dumpage!

Day 129: Flowering Cherry Tree

We have limited shade in the backyard.  The flowering cherry tree is pretty much it.  It's so pretty with the flowers!  The Small Human and I had a lot of fun playing in the petals.  I'd shake the tree so the petals would fall, and he'd dance in the "rainstorm."

Day 130: Iris


For whatever reason, I have a very easy time growing irises.  A few years ago, I adopted a bunch of them from a neighbor.  They've been very happy ever since.  My whole front yard is full of 'em!

Day 131: The Playground
I might be biased, but I think this kid has the best smile ever.
Why waste a perfectly good spring day inside, cleaning toilets, when you could run around the park and take pictures of your Small Human?  No, I couldn't come up with any good reasons, either.

Day 132: Laundry Helper

The White Beast apparently didn't mind holding on to wet socks.


Day 133:  En Route to School

The title says it all, really.

Day 134:  Granny's 90th Birthday Party

My Granny turned 90 early on in May, so my aunts threw a big party for her!  I made the invites, and they came out really nice if I do say so myself. :)

The party was held at the Milleridge Inn in Jericho, NY.  How do you keep a 3 year old entertained on a 2 1/2 hour car ride?  Toy Story, of course!

God bless the makers of the portable DVD plater.


This is the place where the party was held.


My aunt made a toast to Granny

We were super photogenic that day!

The Small Human and his Great Aunt

The Small Human had enough of the paparazzi...

Happy 90th birthday, Granny!

My aunts and Granny.  My Great Aunt is in the bottom right of the photo

At the end of the party and  happy to not have to sit quietly 
I have plenty more photos, but I'll post them on FB at some point. Or I won't.  Probably option 2, if I'm being honest.


Day 135:  Worry wart.

No, I didn't take any photos today.  Mom is going into the hospital for major back surgery, and photos were the last thing on my mind.

Day 136: Well-placed Word Find


So Mom's surgery went well.  She was under for a long, long time, 8 hours or so.  Six of her lumbar vertebrae were worked on.   Mom was in a ton of pain post op, as you could imagine.  At one point, the nurses went to move her, and she screamed the whole time.  I know the nurses were doing their best, and they were being as nice as they could be.  But it took a lot of willpower to not lunge at them and tell them to step off.  

My brother and I are getting really good at the hospital vigil crap.  He brought an extension cord and power strip, plus two laptops so we could both surf the net and play Dominion online.  I brought books, an AC adapter for my Droid, and a cross stitch.  And my slippers. Online Domion pretty much killed the cross stitching idea, but that's ok.  When we were the last ones to leave surgical waiting, we weren't worried this time.  We knew Mom's surgery was gonna take forever, and we were prepared.

I really, really, really hope that this is the last major surgery for a long while.

Anyway, that night we stayed at a hotel.  In the bathroom, was a towel with a word find on it.  We thought it was amusing, so we took out the cameras and snapped some photos.

Day 137:  Room with a View
Mom's room was on the 7th floor.  Here's what was seen out the window:


Mom wasn't just in a world of pain the next day. It was a whole universe of pain.  She was either asleep or screaming.  Thank God, most of the time she was asleep.  I wanted to stay overnight again, but none of the area hotels had room.  Except for one hotel with a terrible reputation then it comes to cleanliness.  Since she was stable, I left that night, but I felt really guilty about it.  It was really good to see my son and my husband again, though!

Day 138: Relay on da Brain!

Photo by http://www.flickr.com/photos/pg23/
I've been working on Relay For Life stuff so much, I didn't take photos for the next 4 days.  Whoops!  This one I found online when putting together a flyer for an ice cream social fundraiser my team is planning.  The shop is Carella's Brown Dog Ice Cream, and this photo fit the bill nicely.  Thanks, pg tips2, for the photo!  If you find this blog, and want to know exactly what your photo was used for, I'm happy to email a copy of it to you.


Day 139:  Save the Boobies!
So, Relay is a family event.  We're Team Wonder Pets.  If you've ever seen the show, the Wonder Pets live in a preschool.  After hours, they save an animal in trouble.  And they sing.  It's like opera for toddlers.  Anyway, I thought for our team, the theme would be, "The Wonder Pets...Save the Boobies!"  And behold, the Internetz blessed me with a photo shopped picture of a blue-footed booby in a bikini top.

Ain't Google great?


Day 140: Six Years Ago Tomorrow...
 I married the love of my life on May 21, 2005.  On May 20, 2011, I still didn't take any photos.  So here's a blast from the past, almost 6 years ago.  Thanks, little brother, for taking this photo!

Day 141: Happy Apocalypse Anniversary!

Six years ago, this is what we looked like at our wedding reception.

We went to Salt Creek Grill for our anniversary.  Here's Hubby, six years older and still just as handsome <3

Some looney toons by the name of Camping insisted the Rapture was supposed to occur at 6 PM, and that massive earthquakes would shake the entire planet.  He plastered signs all over the freaking place, proclaiming the end of the world.  So the radio stations had a great time playing some good tunes to end the world by.  Six o' clock came and went, and Hubby and I drank good beer and are good steak.  We didn't see anyone fly out of their seats up to Heaven, and if there was an earthquake in Princeton, we missed it.

Sorry, looney dude. Somehow, I don't think your prediction of October 21 will end any differently.  Couldn't you just enjoy life while it's here?

No comments:

Post a Comment