Monday, November 7, 2011

F!@king Computer! Days 297-301

My computer is on its last legs.  The hard drive is literally falling apart.  None of my SD card readers work any more, and half of my USB ports are on the fritz.  What does this mean?  Two things.  One:  It means getting my photos uploaded has become very, very challenging.  Two:  I'm getting a new computer. :)

The new computer is being birthed at HP as we speak, and shall ship soonish.  Once that happens, I can actually upload photos without the drive spinning itself into paralysis! I hope.

Anyway, let's see if I can get a journal entry up without too much computer meltdown, shall we?

Day 297: Bad Day


'Nuff said.



Day 298: Cats vs. Halloween

I heart Halloween big time.  It's probably my favorite holiday.  When else do you get to dress up, play pretend, eat candy, and scare the living pants off the neighborhood kids? While I set up my tomb stones and pumpkin lights a few weeks ahead, the rest of the props don't land on the lawn until a day or two before Halloween.  Among those props are a few big, hairy spiders.  The Small Human, the Fatties Boombalatty, and I were having a lazy afternoon. I decided to decorate the Fatties with a spider and see how they reacted.



The White Beast was curious.
The Red Beast confused, but happy to have some attention.


The Gray Beast was annoyed.



Attack of the killer spider!



Day 299: Preschool Playdate

The Small Human is doing a great job making friends this year.  The other moms and I have been getting together weekly to let the boys run around  and play.


Day 300: Green Tomatoes

Snow was predicted at the end of the week.  Who would have thought snow in October?  My tomato plants were clueless to the change in seasons.  On a break from work, I hurried out in the middle of the rain to gather the tomatoes up.  In the week or two since this photo was taken, I managed to ripen a good number of them.  Despite finishing their development in a dark paper bag, the tomatoes still tasted good!



Day 301:  A Fungus Among Us

We have very pretty mushrooms growing in our lawn.


My computer is not pleased with all the photos.  To prevent it from crashing again, I'm going to end this entry here.  Next up: Halloween!



No comments:

Post a Comment