Sunday, January 29, 2012

Week 4: Out the Window

This week's theme was taking photos out of a window, or something similar.  Most of them were taken with my cell phone.


Day 22: Putting the power back on
We woke up Sunday morning to blank alarm clocks.  Now, if you had to pick a day that the alarm doesn't go off, that would be it.  Unfortunately, we discovered that the furnace doesn't turn on when the power is off.  It got pretty cold in the house.  Right before I was going to gather the cats to bring them to work, the power came back on. Huzzah!  As I was going to the gym, I discovered the power company working diligently to keeping the power back on.

Day 23: View from the car window on the way to school
I really like that Camera360 app.  It was a drizzly, crummy day out. The black and white filter on the camera captured how dreary it was that morning, I think.

Day 24: View from work, at dusk
We were treated to an amazing sunset on Tuesday evening.  This was taken from our dentistry room at work, using the extra color filter on the camera.  Without that filter, there's no way this picture would have done that sunset justice!

Day 25: View from the car window on the way home from school
There's this old decrepit house on the corner, on the way home from my son's preschool.  I have been threatening to photograph it for some time now, and I finally made good on it.  I believe I was using the HDR filter on the camera.

Later on, I took these using my Action Snap camera app.  Moments later, I was yelled at for taking photos of my son's occupational therapy session. Oops!

Sensory swing

The photo is mostly fuzzy so as to somewhat protect the privacy of all the other humans in the photo besides my small human.

On a somewhat related note, I'm sad that Picnik is going away from Picasa.  I like being able to edit my photos online.  I don't know what's coming next, but I hope it's equally as useful!

Day 26: View from the Cats' Room
This week was full of dreary weather, and Thursday was no exception.  The hospital's house cats have a room of their own, where they hang out after hours.  In homage to their fabulous decorating skills, it was painted yellow.  There's a beautiful tree just outside their window.  Here's part of it.  That tree was the reason our house beasts were moved to downstairs accommodations during Hurricane Irene.

Day 27: View from outside the Red Beast's Cage
My Red Beast has had a sensitive stomach since forever.  Long before he was diagnosed with lymphoma, he would get get explosive diarrhea from whatever it was he ate.  Diets designed for sensitive stomachs just made it worse.  Through trial and error, I finally determined that the cat has a chicken allergy.  So he and his fellow Fatties Boombalatty eat venison and green pea.  And that's (usually) about it.

The Red Beast gets chronic upper respiratory infections, too, just for fun.  A CT scan of my cat's head revealed nothing unusual, and a biopsy showed that he's got allergies.  Yay.  Anyway, when the Red Beast enters the land of green snot, I put him on antibiotics.  The last time I put him on Clavamox, he puked after a few days.  Stupidly, I thought that since he's on chemo now and is doing well, he would be able to tolerate the Clavamox this time.

Nope. Oh, no no no no.  My poor cat spent the entire night puking.  The next morning, I found him hiding under my desk, unwilling to even eat his beloved pill pockets.  So the Red Beast came with us as I brought the Small Human to school.  My little boy tried to comfort the cat the whole way.  "It's okay, Red Beast! Don't cry! Mommy's gonna make you all better!"

After spending a day at work with me, two doses of zofran, and some SQ fluids, the Red Beast was almost back to normal.  When he's feeling well, he turns into a cage aggressive little butthole. (I say that with love, really!)  Considering that he was hissing, spitting, and growling at everyone who went near him by the time we were ready to go home, I knew he was as right as rain.  And sure enough, that night the Red Beast happily ate his dinner.  And since he's that awesome of a cat, he totally forgave me for depriving him of breakfast and for sticking him with several sharp, pointy objects.

Day 28: View of the sunrise through power lines.
Okay, taking a photo through the power lines is not exactly a window.  I was standing on my porch when I took this photo.  Hey, if I'm gonna get up at the crack of dawn on a Saturday morning, then at least I can enjoy the view, right?

Next week's theme: Art!  All those beautiful pieces of art my Small Human makes? Well, I won't photograph them all ,but I'll certainly get a bunch of 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment