Monday, January 16, 2012

Weeks 1 and 2: A (Belated) New Beginning

I had not planned on doing another 365 project this year.  Barely 1/3 the way through 2011, I was no longer posting daily.  By half way through, there were weeks I wasn't posting a darn thing.  I kept on taking photos, however.  Not necessarily every single day, but certainly most days of the week.  As the new year rolled in, I went back and looked at all my photos, and I realized that I made a pretty nice time capsule of 2011.

Now, I'm in the process of making an album of my 2011 photos.  Since they're so random, the book is a bit random, too.  So I decided that if I'm to do another project-365 this year, I'd try going with themes for each week.  On this page here, I found a list of them.

I found that I was reluctant to post photos the day I took them, because I wanted to give myself a day to really evaluate them.  Which photo of that particular day was really the best one?  Will I feel differently about it tomorrow?  Does the photo truly embody the day?

So this year, I'm changing the rules a little bit.  They are as follows:

1. Take at least one photo every day.
2. Post photos at least once a week.
3.  Once a month, move said photos to a digital album, so they can be organized.  Having to organize a year's worth of pics at once is a pain in the arse!

So, without further ado, I bring you weeks one and 2!

Day 1: Two minutes after midnight,  We don't party so hard anymore.

Day 2: Farewell, dear conifer!

Day 5: Boo boo. Taken in preparation for a consult with a surgeon.
Day 7: Happy birthday to my niece!
Day 12: White dog vs. activated charcoal.  The towel is to prevent the rest of the dog from getting dirty, FYI.
Day 13: Spoils of the tooth fairy.
Day 14: Hubby got a hair cut!!1!
This week's theme: Macro.

No comments:

Post a Comment