Sunday, January 20, 2013

Themeless

I think last year I tried doing weekly themes.  This year, I'm working on actually taking a photo every day, and then getting around to posting the damn things.  So here's another week of photos!

1/13: Attack of the tickle monster

Hubby occasionally morphs into the Tickle Monster.  He creeps up on the Small Human, threatening with crazy tickles.  And my kid laughs and laughs. And that's before the tickles even reach home.  In the end, the three of us are laughing like crazy. This makes it hard to take photos that aren't blurry...

1/14:  Back in the (Weight Watchers) saddle. Again.


In addition to having a hard time keeping my commitment to this blog, I have a hard time staying on the WW wagon.  Most people, when they are sick, lose weight. Not me.  When I got sick last year, I managed to gain 15 lbs. Hooray!  Bonus points for being on medication that lists weight gain as a side effect.  I've gotten rid of 10 of 'em already, but I've still got a long way to go. 

1/15: Waiting for an MRI in style

I did something bad to my shoulder.  Hell if I know what I did, but two steroid shots and a bunch of physical therapy later and I'm still not able to zumba or kickbox.  This makes me a sad panda.  This also makes my doc want to find out that the fuck I did to myself. So an MRI it is.  The waiting room was really pretty.  To me, it looked like I was about to get a pedicure, not get a needle stuck in my shoulder joint.

 I would have preferred the pedicure.

At least I got to listen to music during the MRI. This place was so fancy they ran Pandora through the headphones in the machine.

1/16: Rainy commute

How much is there to say? It was rainy. There were cars on the road. I used the macro lens to take photos of the rain drops.  The end.

One of these days, I'm going to get a fancy 35 mm camera with all the bells and whistles.

1/17: Wish you were here


In memory of my dad.

How I wish, how I wish you were here  
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl 
Year after year 
Running over the same old ground 
What have we found? 
The same old fears  
Wish you were here
    -Pink Floyd

1/18: Thirsty spider
 
This is my pet tarantula.  She is an old lady.  This year, she will be 20 or 21. As far as pets go, the Old Lady is boring.  Yes, that's right. She's a big hairy spider, and she's boring.  Trust me, these things compute.  I rarely see her move. Most of the time, she is hiding.  On this day, I caught her out getting a drink, so of course I took a photo.

1/19:  Dim Sum



My dad loved dim sum.  He could walk into almost any Chinese restaurant in NYC, ask for the "other" menu and be perfectly at home picking something tasty from it.  We've decided that the best way to celebrate dad's life on his death anniversary is to get the family together for some dim sum.

 My dad was fond of taking photos, too.  Any occasion was a good one to whip out the camera!  I think the box of old photos is at my stepmom's house. Or my mom's house. Or there's multiple boxes, and each parental unit has one.  Suffice it to say, if I have to pick a place from where I got my photo bug, he's it.  Dad had an old analog 35 mm Minolta, with all the bells and whistles. I think my brother has it now. I'm not even sure if 35 mm film is sold anymore.

Anyway, I didn't take this photo. The Small Human saw me snapping pictures, and he wanted a go, too.  Normally, I remember to pack his camera so I can keep his paws off of mine, but I forgot.  So this photo is courtesy of the Small Human.   I deleted the ones of the table cloth, ceiling, and his tonsils.

1/20 Mommy's little helper


The Small Human loves to help me cook.  This morning's project was banana pancakes.  He loves helping me measure all the ingredients, and of course, stirring the big bowl is the best part. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sweetie,

    Glad to see you;re back in the saddle again.

    Love, mom

    BTW The photos in mine and daddy's boxes are just about identical up to 1995.

    ReplyDelete