Sunday, January 27, 2013

Here and there and a snowball or two

Here's another installment of my blog. Enjoy!



1/21: A long, long wait
Had this guy left the room, he would have been charged a missed appointment fee.
I got the verdict on my shoulder from the orthopedist on Monday.  However, the wait to get in to see the guy was, um, extensive.  I have no idea why I rushed in to make my appointment on time, only to  be stuck in a waiting room for over an hour.  As far as my shoulder is concerned?  The good news is that it's not totally fucked and I'm not doomed to be off the kickboxing mat forever and ever.  The bad news is that I likely have a labrum tear.  The good news is that with physical therapy and rest, I may get better without surgery.  The bad news is that I can do all of that and still need surgery anyway.

So. Lots of PT and rest for me.  Physical therapy I can do.  Rest is something I have a hard time doing. What's the sitting still bullshit?  I'm glad I can at least take out my frustrations on the elliptical (minimal impact = not ouchy). Every time I see the Zumba class in action at the gym, I feel jealous.  I'm under the impression that if this is going to get better non-surgically, then it's gonna take a long freaking time.  I'm not a very patient human.  So no matter what the course of action, there will still be some suck.

1/22: Swim Class

The Small Human got swim lessons for a Christmas present.  The lessons were to be group lessons, but no other kids signed up for this particular class.  So the boy has private lessons instead.  He seems pretty excited to go to swim class, and has a lot of fun.  Assuming that's the case by the time this lesson series is over, I'll probably sign him up for the next round of lessons, too.

1/23 The Dream Quilt


In school, the Small Human and his fellow small humans learned about Dr. Martin Luther King.  As an activity related to the "I have a dream" speech, the kids were asked what they had a dream of.  My small human dreams of being a skateboarder.

1/24 Peaceful tidings

My son registers for kindergarten next week.  However, the nurse wanted half the stack of papers to be returned this week. So we went to school and dutifully dropped off my son's vaccine history and notes on weather or not he was born naturally or via c-section, or if he's been breast fed and if he's had any ear infections or speech delays.  Sheesh! After dropping off the interrogation questionnaire, I spotted this in the front yard. You can't see from this photo, but the sentiment is written in several different languages on the same post.  Considering how frazzled I've been feeling regarding this kindergarten business, it was a comforting thing to see.

1/25 Karate kid
Any more excited, and the kid would have exploded.


The Small Human went from tiger green to dragon yellow on Friday.  He was super excited!  I was excited for him, too.  When the kids got their new belts, a bunch of the parents snuck onto the mat to get a better photo. I was there in the middle of 'em, snapping photos like crazy.

1/26 Snowball fight
Okay, so we got maybe 2 inches of snow, 3 at the most.  This did not stop the boy from wanting to go outside and play.  So we don the snow pants, and the boots, and the coat and the mittens and the hat.  And the first thing the Small Human does when he gets outside?  Grabs a bit of snow, forms it into a ball, and throws it at me!  Well, two can play at that game...So we had a lot of fun throwing snowballs at each other. 

1/27 Before and after

OK, I know I said only 1 photo per day, but this won't work without two.
Before... 
After!
Mom's chicken soup is the best stuff ever.  I like to make it in the crock pot, because then you can ignore it for a few hours, at least until it's time to make matzoh balls..   Tonight at dinner, the Small Human proclaimed his love for matzoh balls, and then stated "You make the best dinner ever, Mom!"  I'll try to remember that the next him he vehemently hates something I try to feed him at dinner time...


Somehow my text is now centered and not to the right like it was, and I'm not quite sure how to fix that. Oh well.  Until next week, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment