Thursday, February 21, 2013

2/15-2/21 Of Hamster Wheels and Captain Underpants

From playing knights to dramatically reading The Adventures for Captain Underpants, it's been an entertaining week.

2/15: Sir Small Human

The Small Human has recently mentioned several thousand times that he didn't have a knight costume. I thought to myself, well, no, he doesn't.  And Purim is coming up, and his Halloween costume involves both a mask and a weapon (neither is allowed in preschool). And I thought what the hey.  So Amazon Prime came to the rescue, and 2 days later, my son had a brandy dandy new knight costume.  He was thrilled and proudly wore it for an entire two minutes.  I managed to take a photo at just the right time.

Predictably, he hasn't worn it since.  And he's still planning on wearing his Power Rangers costume (sans mask and weapon) to school for Purim. Oh well.

2/16: Self-portrait. Plus one.
Getting the Small Human to NOT make a funny face at a camera is all but impossible.

2/17:  Story Time
I got tired of reading Dr. Seuss every night.  A few weeks ago, a friend had recommended the Captain Underpants series, so once again, Amazon came to the rescue.  My boy ignored the books until recently.  Now it's all Captain Underpants, all the time.  Normally the Small Human only wants a story at bedtime.  Since Captain Underpants came on the scene, he's been a lot more interested in stories.

As I mentioned on Facebook, don't read this book and then make an ooey, gooey, super cheesy lasagna for dinner.

2/18: (Small) Human Hamster Wheel
The Small Human had the day off for President's Day, so we went to the Please Touch Museum in Philadelphia.  Everyone else had the same idea as we did. The place was packed! Getting into the parking lot alone took a good 20 minutes.  I'm glad I bought our tickets online, or else it would have been another 20 minutes waiting in line for that, too.  Anyway, despite the crowds, the Small Human had a great time.  His favorite exhibits were the construction zone (moving foam blocks from one site to the next), the rockets (launching foam rockets into the air), and the big hamster wheel (foam free).

2/19 Best cousins
My niece is a budding artist.  She's the same age as my son.  For Valentine's Day. she drew a picture of herself with the Small Human, in their Power Rangers costumes. The card had another picture of my boy in his costume.  The words inside? "You're the best cousin ever!"  I'm so gland they are such good friends :)

2/20 Candy Land

We spent Wednesday doing all sorts of fun stuff, from reading Captain Underpants, to playing Lego robots, to Zingo, to Candy Land   In this particular game, each of us had two guys to move around the board.

The Small Human is still learning how to be a good sport. Losing a game usually means pieces getting thrown and the stomping of feet. It's a work in progress.

2/21 Christmas in February
In December, I had bought a stocking full of toys to give to the cats for Christmas.  However, I misplaced the stocking, so the cats didn't get their toys on the big day.  The cats didn't know that Santa forgot them, and they really didn't care, either.  Today, the Small Human found the stocking, so he decided to bestow the presents upon the cats.  The White Beast got the majority of the goodies. He had fun sniffing at them, and then sitting on the pile.

On the other hand, of the twenty or so toys, the Red Beast and the Gray Best each got only one.
The Red Beast wasn't feeling particularly photographable today.  As you can see, the Gray Beast is none too impressed with the toy.

That's all for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment