2/22: Purim Parade
The kids had a Purim party for all the parents. We got to watch them parade around in their finest
2/23 A Very Disco Purim
The next night, we heard the tale of Poly-Esther, as sung by the Bee-Cees. As one would expect, it was incredibly silly, and we had fun listening to the song parodies. The hamantaschen afterward were super awesome. More dancing for the kids, but I didn't get good photos of it.
2/24: Oops! No photo here!
Looks like I forgot a day. Well, here's a photo you saw on Facebook, of my cat purring and drooling in my lap.
2/25: Spring is coming
I am completely sick of this cold, gray weather. I miss warmth and the sun and being able to walk outside without my coat. I discovered that my daffodils feel the same way. They're coming! Huzzah!
2/26:Editing the art collection
I have a bad habit of collecting every single piece of paper that comes my way. Ya never know, they could be something important. Like every single piece of my child's art work that he has ever done from last year. In my family, we call it the Nonymous curse. And I've got it for sure.
So on this day, I thought I'd finally tackle that pile and edit the collection down to something more reasonable. Letting go of every little scribble was hard, but I managed to whittle it down to two big legal letter holders. Yeah. yeah, it needs more editing to put it mildly, but it's a start, right?
2/27: Dinner and a good deed.
At the Small Human's preschool, there is something called the Cherry Tree Club. Each class donates a meal a week for a month to kids that would otherwise not have anything to eat. There are actually 3 trays of baked ziti, but I couldn't fit them all on the stove without something falling and making a mess. Making baked ziti for 24 people isn't all that hard. It's just bulky. I whipped out my biggest sauce and spaghetti pots for the task.
I even snuck spinach into that ziti. If my kid has to eat his vegetables, they do, too. Turns out the Small Human discovered he loves spinach, so the dinner time battle was minimal, after all.
2/28: The adventures of Cookie, part 1
My son's school has a stuffed chocolate chip cookie for a mascot. Each weekend, it goes home with one of the kids, and then the parents get to chronicle Cookie's journey. The Small Human was thrilled to be Cookie's friend for the weekend. Instead of photos starting on Friday, we got started a day early, with all the excitement and all.
He even had his new pal play Zingo with his other pals.
3/1 Dinner and a Cookie
Baked ziti makes for some fine leftovers. Seems the Small Human and Cookie agree.
3/2 The Adventures of Cookie, part 2
The Small Human started his morning out in karate class. Later on, we went to the Franklin Institute. Here's the Small Human and Cookie posing in front of the giant heart.
Later, we went to the aeronautics room and checked out the planes.
At that point, we wandered to the big train exhibit. When the Shamm Human asked for Cookie, we realized that he wasn't there. Aw, crap!
Hoping to avoid epic meltdown in the museum, we retraced our steps, and practically cut those in line for the plane while we frantically looked for Cookie. Thankfully, Hubby saved the day by finding it next to a bunch of paper airplanes. I told Hubby that his pocket wasn't such a good place to keep such a high value toy, and banished Cookie to the bottom of my backpack for the rest of the trip.
Later, we had fun making clones of ourselves in the mirror.
3/3 The Adventures of Cookie, Part 3
Grandmom and Pop Pop stopped by for a visit, so naturally there was a photo op:
The Small Human told the tale of the weekend, all the while running in circles. This is more or less the only still shot during that hour or so. If I could bottle that energy up and sell it, I'd be a millionaire.
That's all, folks! Until next week or so...

No comments:
Post a Comment