1/28: Angry Birds Star Wars Jenga
![]() |
| Otherwise known as WTF is This?! |
So for the past week, there have been little rubber birds flying through my living room. Inevitably, a piece or a bird or a pig or a death star fragment gets lost, and the game is paused to allow for a search for the missing piece. Occasionally, the birds hit the TV, but happily they have been unable to knock that over.
I admit it. The game is actually kindof fun. At least the first time you play it. On the 6th round it gets a little old.
1/29: The Commute
On the way to my son's preschool, there's a bunch of farm land. Here's one of the fields we pass every day. Traffic tends to back up along this road, which meant I could get a non-blurry photo with my phone.
1/30: The Perils of the Preschool Playdate
| Oh, look! A Power Ranger convention, right in my living room! |
1/31: Happy birthday, BIL!
Of course, the Small Humans needed to help blow out the candles.
On a similar note, my MIL is an awesome cook and makes really good cake.
2/1: Ice Cream Man
I registered the Small Human for kindergarten on this day. I managed to get through the process without crying. Honestly, it wasn't all that bad. I was warned that the tears will flow big time when I have to put this kid on the bus for the first time.
Anyway, instead of sending the Small Human to school after registration, we played hooky and went to the Garden State Discovery Museum. The Small Human had a great time. His favorite of all the exhibits was the ice cream cycle. He'd ask me to "run" behind him, flag him down for ice cream, and then he'd serve up a frosty confection. The ice cream scoops were all different colors, so he'd name them whatever flavor made sense. Vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry, of course, but there were also cherry, orange, blueberry, and mint.
Now, I hate mint. Hate it with a passion. The Small Human knows this. He got a big kick out of serving me pretend mint ice cream, so he could watch me recoil in disgust. I'm not sure how long we hung out playing ice cream, but we were there for some time.
Despite playing like it was going out of style, there was no nap in Napville when we came home. Damnit.
2/2 Groundhog Day
Remember the movie Groundhog Day, where Bill Murray's character has to relive the same day over and over again? Well, my mom was in the hospital. Again. With a non-healing wound on her foot. Again. And she was on IV antibiotics. Again. And she needed surgery to fix it. Again.
I sure as shit hope that we won't need to do this again for a while. Or ever again. That'd be nice. My poor mom!
2/3: Superbowl Sunday
Yup, another crappy photo. This one is of my friends and family enjoying the game. Or the commercials. Mostly the commercials. Hubby watched the game, at least.
2/4: Judas Priest on a License Plate!
I know, I know, this photo sucks. But if you look closely, the license plate holder says Judas Priest. I found it amusing, so I took a photo of it. Cell phone camera + zoom = shitty photo.
2/5: My Co-workers rock!
After a 4 month hiatus, I finally went back to work today! It was good to be back and to see everyone. I saw this on my way in, and it made my day. :)
There ya go! With luck and maybe a little more skill, next week's photos won't suck as hard as this week. I'll try harder next time. Promise.






No comments:
Post a Comment