Sunday, March 17, 2013

3/4-3/17 Long windedness

Okay, okay, it's been nearly 2 weeks since my last post. Sue me. I forgot to take a picture one day, too. Oops. As usual, most of these photos revolve around the Small Human. Considering I'm still recovering from my illness, thus away from work still, and thus have been doing the stay at home mom thing, this shouldn't be too surprising.

Anyway. Photos.

3/4:  The Apology



My kid punched another kid while on a play date.  I got a phone call from the other kid's mama. She started off my saying, "This has been an unsuccessful play date..." Uh oh.  By the time I got there, the kids were acting more or less normal.  When I told my son that he needed to go home because punching people isn't ok, he started to cry.

Things got worse when we went home and I told him that there would be no TV today, as punishment.  Oh dear. The crying festival was fantastic.  But before the waterworks began, I asked the Small Human to write an apology note to his friend.

All that crying made the Small Human a better listener a karate that night, at least.

3/5: Girl's Afternoon Out
A good friend of mine was in the middle of moving, and she needed help.  But before we got to the washing of a huge stack of dishes and the packing of boxes, we went out to lunch.


3/6: Shoulder Rehab: The Next Level
I got great news from my doc: I don't need surgery on my shoulder! Woo hoo!  I do, however, need to start lifting weights, in addition to the physical therapy I've been doing.  This pic is of the instructions.  It takes me a half hour to do all the exercises. However, if it will get me back to kickboxing and zumba, then it's totally worth it.

3/7: The Lego Vacation Bus
The Small Human has been playing legos an awful lot recently.  This game was called Vacation.  All the duplo figures got carried together on their car/bus from one couch to the next.  The other couch was the vacation house, and a pizza-making robot would make them pizza for every meal.  Occasionally, other toys would play the villains, but the duplo figures, led by the EMS guy, Buzz, and Woody, would always prevail.

3/8: Winter says, "Ha! I'm back, suckers!"
It's freaking March, and we're still getting snow?! Oy vey!  It wasn't too much, though.  And I got some nice photos of the snow in our pine tree.

Later that day we made a zombie snowman, with tomatoes for eyes. Except the tomatoes broke, so it looked like our snowman had blood gushing from his face.  Then the Small Human smashed the snowman to bits.  So much for that.




3/9:Cleaning House
 The Old Lady hasn't had her cage cleaned in a long, long time.  I can never find evidence of poop, and there's never been an odor that indicates it's time to clean up.  Except recently I've found cricket carcasses in the cage. (Normally, she leaves no evidence that she's eaten.)  So, it was finally time to clean the cage.  Removing the Old Lady from her home involves using a clean, unused litter scooper, and a small little cage.  She was none too pleased.  I felt bad taking away all her nice webs, but the cricket remains had to go, and it was time to freshen up.  This pic is of the Old Lady shortly after her home was disrupted by her well-meaning human.  I haven't seen her spin new webs yet, but she seems to be getting used to her new digs at least.  With her advanced age, I just hope I didn't throw her for too much of a loop.

3/10: Leaping a Bridge In a Single Bound. Or Two.
 Spring says, "Screw you, winter! Here's a nice day or two in a row. In your face!"  The entire town  was at the park today.  The Small Human had a lot of fun on everything from the swings to the monkey bars, but he really liked jumping back and forth on the bridge.

3/11: Daredevil
Speaking of monkey bars...The next day was almost as nice as Sunday, so we went to another park.  This time, he scaled these wavy bars to get to the platform where the slides are.  The platform is a good 6 feet off the ground, and while where's some rubbery mulch down there to make the falls suck less, it is still a good distance when you're only a small human.  My Small Human didn't seem perturbed in the least, and happily climbed the bars.

Other fun things happened in the park. There was a little girl, nearly 3 years old, who brought her matchbox cars to the park.  Despite her young age, she was willing to share her cars with the other kids!  The Small Human and his new friends had a lot of fun racing cars down the slides.  All the kids played nicely, and there were surprisingly no meltdowns.

3/12: No photo here.

Whoops.

3/13: The Daffodils Awaken
 Oh, Spring, I can't wait until it's warmer every day!  Some of my daffodils opened, so here's a photo of the first one to bloom.

3/14: It's Still Cold and Flu Season




My poor kiddo is under the weather.  The night before, he crawled into bed with us, and kept us all up half the night with his coughing.  The next day, I brought him to the doctor. It's just a cold, thank goodness, but there's fluid in his ears.  The ears aren't infected...yet.  I've got a prescription for an antibiotic in my purse, just in case.


3/15: Snugglefest
Remember how I said the Small Human has been coughing a lot?  Well, he was coughing so much at school that he threw up.  I came to get him early (well, not by much early, since it was lunchtime when I was called).  The Small Human was quieter than normal. We spent a good part of the afternoon watching 80's Transformer cartoons.  The cats decided to join the snuggle party.  Trying to get a self-portrait with my cell phone of everyone, at an arm's length, BTW, proved too difficult for me.


3/16: Feline Tower

 This photo is actually a bit unusual.  Normally, the Gray Beast sits up top.    On an average day, if he dares to go up there, the Gray Beast will put the smack down on his ass, and remove him from her spot. Never mind that the White Beast is twice her size.  I guess she was just feeling generous today.

3/17: Happy St. Paddy's Day!

I already posted a photo of my kid looking adorable in his green T-shirt on facebook. So here's a photo of corned beef and cabbage with potatoes and carrots.

If you stayed til the end, the internet owes you a cookie.  Maybe next time I won't wait so long between posts!


No comments:

Post a Comment