Tuesday, April 9, 2013

3/30-4/9 Flowers, cars, and family. And pets. Of course.

Not that anyone is eagerly awaiting my posts, but for my sake, I should really post more frequently than once every 10-14 days.  If anything, just to make these posts a little shorter, and to shorten the time that I work on them.

Anywho, here's the past 11 days in photos.

3/30: Twas the night before Easter...
Two baskets, one for Dennis and me to share, one for the boy.  Take a guess which one is whose.

3/31: Easter dinner
We all got together at my in-laws for Easter Sunday.  My mother in law is an awesome cook.  Among the many Easter goodies is something called pastilla.  It's an Italian noodle pudding, and it's delicious.  The other thing about Easter at my in-laws is bread. Lots of different, yummy breads, with fillings in them like spinach or meat.  These would be the reasons that I mess up Passover every year.

4/1: If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Hubby, my youngest BIL, and I went to the NYC car show.  Despite my lack of knowledge about the automobile, I had fun.  One of the cars on display was a Rolls Royce.  It's fancy, but not the sexiest car that was at the show.

The price? $332,000!

4/2: Dogwood tree
I took this one outside my doctor's office. 


4/3: Puppy love
My friends recently got 2 puggles.  They are ridiculously cute.

4/4: Flower
The Small Human painted this springy flower.

4/5: Hyacinth

I love hyacinths.  They are beautiful flowers, and they smell really good.  This one is growing in my front yard.  Most of my hyacinths came in sparse with few flowers this year, but this one was especially pretty.

4/6: Waiting for the Fun Bus
We went to one of the Small Human's friend's birthday party.  The kids got to play on something called the Fun Bus.  It's a school bus, with all the insides replaced with big foam mats and other things for the kids to jump up and down upon.  Understandably, the kids had a great time, and as a side effect, the parents got an hour of quiet.

4/7: Not hungry
We cleaned the Old Lady's cage a few weeks ago. I wonder if she is still getting used to her new digs.  I know she's finally spinning webs again, which is a good thing.  However, this cricket that you see has been in there for a few days.  Normally, the Old Lady eats her crickets within a day or so.  I'm not sure why she's not eating.  Could be that she is getting ready to molt.  The guilty mom in me says that she's still upset over her cage getting cleaned, but who knows.

4/8: Fresh air
The weather was beautiful, so for the first time in a while, I was able to open the windows and let the fresh air in.  The Gray Beast  took full advantage, and was quiet content to soak up the breeze.

4/9: Start/finish line
With the weather finally warming up, I decided to go for a run in the park this morning.  This is the place where I started/ended my run.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I, for one, do look forward to your posts and love the small human, the furry spide (who I hope is eating again - and you promised me a molt, remember!) :)

    ReplyDelete