Sunday, April 28, 2013

4/10-4/28 Long overdue post

Insert comment about not posting for a while here.
Enter apology here.
Enter a generalized comment about, "Hey, check out the rest of my blog entry!" here.

4/10: Where did spring go?
We had a few days that broke 80 degrees about 2 weeks ago.  Several days before that, it was in the 40s.  The weather this spring has been crazy!

4/11: Happy birthday, Hubby!
Hubby turned 40!  We celebrated by going out to dinner. The Small Human came with us, too, but the photos I took of the 3 of us came out poorly.

4/12: Happy birthday, Israel!
My boy's preschool put on a celebration of Israel's birthday.  Photo taken by one of the preschool staff.

4/13: Bike ride
The Small Human is learning how to ride his bike.  We went for a ride around the block.  He was very proud of himself for going around it twice.

4/14: Happy birthday, Hubby! Part 2.
The family got together to celebrate Hubby's and MIL's birthday.  The Small Human helped Hubby blow out his candles. MIL had brownies for her cake.  The kids all helped her blow out her candles.
 

4/15: Springtime in the park

The Small Human and I spent another afternoon in the park. I love seeing all the trees in bloom!

4/16: Creeping phlox
It took a few years for my creeping phlox to finally creep, but it's slowly taking over a corner in my front yard.  This photo was taken just after a rainstorm.

4/17: King of the hill
Someone got the bright idea to dump a huge pile of sand right in front of the preschool earlier in the morning.  I suspect the cover on top of it was meant to protect it.  The kids decided that it made a great slide. They had a great time climbing all over the sand pile.

4/18: Fat cat

All the White Beast needs is a beer in one paw and a remote in the other...

4/19: Beautiful pest (No photo today!)
This photo is actually from 4/16.  This is vinca vine.  I made the mistake of planting this in some flower pots on my front porch a few years ago.  Little did I know that it's actually a really obnoxious weed.  It's been trying to take over my garden, spreading vines and roots all over the place.  Before I pulled them all out, I took this pic.  With such pretty flowers, I almost felt bad ridding the vine from my garden.  I shouldn't worry, though; this nasty little bugger will be back, choking the rest of my plants in no time.



4/20: Tulips

Another photo from my front yard. Seems to be lots of flowers in the set, huh?

4/21: After and before
My Granny was just put on hospice a few days before this pic was taken.  My brother and I came up to visit and to celebrate her birthday early.  Granny is the lady with the white hair on the left.  Her sister is my Auntie M, and she's the blond haired lady on the right.  (Aunt B is in the middle.)  The painting you see in the photo was done in 1926, when my aunt was 6, and my granny was 5.  In the painting, Granny's the one on the right, and Auntie M is the one on the left.

4/22:Sword fight!
Sorry this photo is so blurry.  If I had the flash on, maybe it wouldn't have been.

Anyway, how else to spend a Sunday afternoon?

4/23: Swim class
The boy had his last swim class of this particular session of swim classes that the YMCA.  He's gotten a lot better of the past few months.  He can do the doggie paddle now, and as you can see, he's not afraid to jump in the water, either. So long as he remembers not to jump in unless there''s a grownup there to catch him just in case, we're good.

4/24: An awesome spring day
The Small Human and I had the best day.  We went to the park after school.  There, I watched him play with the other kids, and later I pushed him on the swing.  Then we went to visit the lake at the park, and had fun throwing stones into the water.  Later, we went for ice cream.  Then we came home and worked on the garden.  Finally, we finished up our afternoon with blowing bubbles.  I couldn't have asked for a better day.

4/25: Next belt
The Small Human graduated to the next belt on this day.  He did a fantastic job!

4/26: Boat ride

One of the referring animal hospitals threw a party for their referring veterinarians.  Our practice was invited, and we doctors were each allowed to bring a guest.  Hubby is the one who took this photo. The party was on a yacht that traveled around the Delaware river for the duration of the event.  We all had a great time!

4/27: No photo here. (Flowering cherry tree)

I didn't take a photo this day.  Here's one from the 24th.  I love our flowering cherry tree!

4/28: Azaelas
Our azaleas are just getting ready to bloom.  Here's a few flowers that decided to pop open early. 

Insert closing remarks here.




No comments:

Post a Comment