9/27: Headband
One of our patients modeling a home made dog toy.
9/28: Birthday Party
A friend turned the big o'l 3-5, so he and his wife threw a party, with moonshine for the tasting. And barbecue. Man, can this friend cook! Brisket, chicken, pulled pork. All delicious.
Our party host didn't make it past 9:30, but it looked like he had a great time while it lasted.
9/29: The sweater:
Mom's going through this phase where he keeps putting her belongings from one bin to the next. Similar to a two year old playing "Put Stuff in Stuff." Then she finds sacred pieces of paper that must be kept separate from all others, lest they get lost. And inevitably, they will get lost for a day or two before she finds them in the same exact spot in which they were left. Such is the nature of recovering from a traumatic brain injury, I suppose.
Anyway, here's the instructions for a sweater she wants to make my son. My stepdad had wisely given her only photocopies of this to play with, since she loses things all the tine. However, she insisted on the original. I took a picture so it can be found again at a later date. In case it really does become lost at some point.
9/30: Robot Army
Duplos with eyeballs = robot fodder.
10/1-10/2: No photos.
10/3: Happy Birthday, Pop Pop!
All the kids want to help their Pop Pop blow out he candles. Sorry for the crappy photo. All I had on me was my cell phone.
10/4: Consecration Ceremony
Consecration in this context, means, "Welcome to Hebrew School, kiddo!" They had all the kids come get dressed up, get a blessing from their grandparents, and then we all got to eat a meal together.
Here's a photo of the blessing of the kindergartners:
Mine, of course, is peeking his head out at the camera.
10/5: No photo.
10/6: Zombie Family
I see cars all the time with their stick figure families, the typical 2-3 (and sometimes more) kids, mom and dad, and a dog or cat. Being a small family of 3 ourselves, it does my heart good to see other small family stick figures on the backs of cars. Seeing one made of zombies made my morning.
10/7: Extra basil
A good friend dropped off an insane amount of basil for us. What to do?
- 2 batches of pesto, one for freezing
- Thai basil chicken
- an ice cube tray full of 1/4 cup basil aliquots each. Now I'll have fresh basil all winter long!
This picture was technically taken on the 7th, but I didn't have one for the 8th. So it all worked out. My stepdad came up to visit Monday night to get some paperwork he needed for Mom. After an hour and a half drive, he stuck around for a few minutes to catch his breath and drink a cup of coffee. It was the Small Human's bedtime, so Grandpa got to read the story.
10/9: Scary Face
I was looking for something to take a photo of, and my boy decided that now would be the right time to make silly faces.
10/10: Mum's the word
From my garden. We'll ignore all the weeds and just concentrate on those pretty mums, right?
10/11: Budding photographer
This photo sucks, but it's got my kid in it, plus my cat. So the subject matter makes up for the shitty picture. There's my logic, and I'm stickin' to it.
10/12: Junk Food Breakfast
My MIL took the boy shopping with her, and he picked out the most god-awful cereals to eat. But since they were seasonally appropriate, they ended up coming home with them. Franken Berry. Boo Berry. First ingredient in each box? Sugar! The Small Human was delighted to have a bowl full. I warned that this would not be a regular occurrence in the house. Anyway, my boys (the big one and the little one) bot enjoyed a bowl. And to be honest about it, I had a bowl full of Boo Berry, too.
10/13: Friends
The Small Human has made friends at the bus stop. I'm too much of a wuss to let him go without some sort of supervision, so I sat on the porch while I watched the kids play across the street.
More photo dumpage once I upload the pictures to Picasa. Whenver that is.






No comments:
Post a Comment