Friday, October 21, 2011

Catching up...Days 288-294

Day 288: Party! Party!


Yup, it was another celebration weekend!  My son's preschool BFF had a birthday party.  The Small Human was so excited to pick out a present for his friend. Usually when we wander the isles of Toys R Us, he's looking for more things that he'd like to add to his collection.  This time, we were on a mission for the perfect stegosaurus.

Most of the photos I took include my son with other kids.  Since I didn't ask permission from assorted Mommies and Daddies to put those kids on a public blog, it kind of narrows down my options to one of my kid sporting his new Autobot tatoo.

Sportin' ink!

Then again, how about one of him playing Pin the Insignia on Bumblebee?


The preschooler-herding skills of the party hosts were amazing.  How they managed to wrangle so many kids into several games was beyond me. I was pretty darn impressed!  The kids had a lot of fun, and the grownups had a good time watching the kids.  After pizza and cake were consumed, we stopped home to feed the cats, and then shuffled the Small Human off to his grandparents. 

Party #2 of the evening was wine tasting in a sukkah.  It was a beautiful night to spend outdoors!  Lots of good company and good stories. And, of course, plenty of wine. 

Why, yes, I did have a few glasses of wine. Why do you ask?
In the sukkah was a drum circle, and they sounded pretty darn awesome.  I do have a video, but for some reason, it's not uploading. Drat! (And yes, it is in focus.)

All in all, it was a very fine Saturday, indeed.

Day 289: A Visit to the Park
There was some harvest festival going on in town.  We skipped it in lieu of visiting the playground.  The last thing I needed was a reason to eat fried oreos!

I love the fall leaves!
The Small Human loves the leaves, too.






















Day 290: This space for rent.

No photos today. D'oh!














Day 291: New Neighbor

This is what we found spinning a web on our front porch:
I have no idea what species of spider this is.  Can you identify it? 

Now, I like spiders, usually.  This one, however, was trying to spin a web from the doorway to the other side of the porch.  And it was HUGE.  And unlike my pet spider, it's free-range.  Maybe it's a big game hunter, but if you're trying to catch human-sized prey, I'm gonna fuck up your net, big time. It eventually gave up after a day or two.  Not sure where it's gone since.  So long as none of my cats or human family members get bitten, I don't really care.

What's scarier than a huge spider greeting you just outside your door?  How about Christmas decor in mid-October?
AUGH! Too early! Make it go away!

Day 292: Rainy Day

My scarecrows enjoy a quiet moment in the middle of a rainstorm...

Meanwhile, the Small Human made an exciting discovery at the peak of Mt. Scratching Post...
He was so proud of himself that he stayed there for most of the afternoon.
I warned the boy that his Daddy would not approve of such things.  So when Hubby came home later that afternoon, the Small Human preemptively apologized for climbing the scratching post.  I had to explain to Hubby what the apology was for!

Day 293: Crappy Photo
I admit that I take a lot of bad photos.  I like to think that among the millions of shitty pixels, there's a few nice ones in the pile.  This grouping of megapixels, however, is not among the nice ones.  Not even Picasa's photo editing software can save this one.


Underexposed much? This is all I got for today. Sorry.

Day 294: Stock Boy

The Spotted Beast loves boxes.  I've mentioned before that he's one of work's most versatile employees.  Here he is helping the technicians unpack boxes.  I don't think that's even in his job description! Isn't that nice of him?

We're just thankful he didn't pee in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment