Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Days 76-78: Homework for Mommy

My son came home with homework for me on a Friday night in the form of a stuffed animal and a notebook.  Each of the kids in his class gets a weekend to take home a stuffed bee named Buzzer.  They are to document all the fun things they did with Buzzer, and then bring the journal back to school on Monday.

In other words, Mommy has homework. Joy.

Good thing I've been keeping this photo-a-day journal anyway.   So I now present to you, my Small Human's weekend with Buzzer the Bee.

Friday, March 16

I was so happy to have Buzzer visit for the weekend!  On Friday night, Buzzer celebrated Shabbat with Mommy, Daddy, and me.

Challah is yummy!
That night, Buzzer and I had a sleep over.  It was so nice to snuggle with Buzzer!


Saturday, March 16

I went to a friend's birthday party.  Buzzer stayed home and spent some quality time with the Red Beast.
(In other words, the Small Human was not interested in traveling to a party with the bee.)

At the party, I got to make a decorate cupcakes.  They were so yummy!  
A shout out to Stace of Cakes in Trenton. They rock!
Om nom nom








I got to make a decorate my own apron, too!

















When I got home, I showed Buzzer the cool apron I had  made.


After dinner, we had more cupcakes.
Snuggle time with the Bee.

(sssh! Don't tell the Small Human these are WW-friendly cupcakes!)
Before bedtime, Mommy read me "Max's Dragon Shirt," my current favorite book.

(Mommy hopes the boy picks a new story soon, because this one has lost its charm for her after 10000 reads.)

Sunday, March 18

On Sunday morning, Buzzer and I shifted into turbo and played Power Rangers.  My favorite Ranger is the blue one.
(Actually, the boy posed with the bee reluctantly.)
After breakfast, we went to the store to buy a new lawnmower for Daddy.


(Again, the Small Human wasn't about to carry this around. So he hung out in the car with sunglasses.)

Buzzer and I helped Daddy put the lawnmower together.
The box the mower came in was really a pirate ship!  Buzzer and I sailed the high seas, looking for buried treasure.
Cardboard box = awesome


One of Buzzer's cousins stopped by to visit. We watched her until she flew away.
A real bee! Woah!
Later on, Mommy gave us cookies!
What a great weekend!  Thanks for visiting, Buzzer!

When it came time to write this whole thing up, I felt pangs of Mommy Inadequacy.  All the other mommies have beautiful, perfect handwriting.  Mine? Well, I'm a veterinarian. I've got doctor's handwriting.

There's a reason there are so many photos, and so little text.  I have learned, once again, that I suck at scrapbooking. 

Oh well.  I sure hope I earned an A in preschool!

No comments:

Post a Comment