Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Week 12: Random pictures

I blanked on a theme this week, and just took photos of whatever caught my fancy.

Day 79: Body parts

At dinner time, my son said, "Hey, Mom! Take a picture of my ear!"  Um, okay...

So I did.
I don't get it, either. But the Small Human thought that this was hysterical.

Day 80: Grape hyacinths

This is pretty self-explanatory, right?
 Day 81: RIP


My step-grandfather passed away on Monday.  He had been sick for a long time, and finally wasn't able to breathe on his own anymore.  My stepmom and step-grandmother made the decision to not intubate and ventilate. While I am sad for my family,  I am glad that he is no longer suffering. 

I wish I could write something more meaningful than this.  I just didn't know him all that well.


While we could not make it to the funeral, we did make it up for a visit the next day.  The Small Human and Moose managed to bring joy to my step-grandmother, and I am happy about that.

Day 82: Sunbather

The mid-afternoon sun comes through the window over the cage banks.  The Spotted Beast took full advantage.

What are YOU looking at?

Day 83: Mythbusters!

You've probably figured out by now that I'm a nerd.  It's true!  And it's ok.  I've gone through all 5 phases of Nerd Grief, and I'm totally at Acceptance.  One of my favorite TV shows is Mythbusters. When we found out that they were going on tour, Hubby and I got tickets. We ended up in the 5th row.

We started our evening at a really good hummus restaurant in NYC.  Sitting right across from us was Jerry Stiller.  I had no idea who that was, but Hubby did.  Instead of badgering the guy, we let him be.  After, we headed to the Beacon Theater.

Before the show

The show was mostly a Q&A session with Jamie and Adam, with a mix of audience participation and a sprinkle of experiments.   When a science teacher sporting  a wooden tie got up on stage, the audience erupted into applause. Hooray for science!

Yup. Nerd heaven.  It was fabulous!

"Remember. Don't try this at home!"

Explaining the distribution of force while on a bed of nails

Adam hanging by 2 interlaced phone books. Behold the power of friction!

They just can't seem to agree on much!
Day 84: First karate lesson

The Small Human got his first taste of karate today.  The hardest part for him was not learning how to punch, kick, or block.  It was learning how to stand still.

We have some work cut out for us, methinks.
The statue pose only lasted about 5 seconds, maybe. The instructor is super patient.
Later, we attended a birthday party.  My brother put Moose in a basket.  The cuteness overflowed.

Woo hoo! I'm caught up!  Next week's theme: Morning.  I forgot to take a photo Sunday morning, so the pictures don't resume til Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment