So, two weeks ago was Purim. I ended up with a whole week of silly photos.
Day 64: Purim Carnival
Our local synagogue had their carnival today.
Hubby and the Small Human dressed up. Well, Hubby stayed in costume for all of about 5 seconds, but it did make for a nice photo.
| ZZ Top and Buzz Lightyear |
The Small Human had a lot of fun playing games. They gave out beads for prizes.
| Mardi Gras, or Purim? You decide! |
| Later on, he told me, "Mom! I have my hand in the T-Rex's tushy!" |
Day 65: Ugly cookies
Since it was Purim and all, I thought I'd try my hand at making hamantaschen. My son's preschool teacher sent home a recipe. I thought to myself, how hard could it be?
Well, the cookies sure were tasty. But man, are they hideous-looking!
| Let's be honest. They look like little, bloody vaginas. |
At least they tasted good.
Next time I'll refrigerate the dough, and pinch the sides of the cookies instead of simply folding them. Better luck next time!
Day 66: Dr. Frankenfooter
It was recheck day at my podiatrist's office. My stitches came out, and my doc said that my foot is looking a lot better than it had the week before. While I was waiting to see her, I took a photo of my X-rays.
![]() |
| Be happy I didn't post the photo of my foot. :) |
Day 77: Preschool Purim Party
It was another day in week of merry making at the small Human's Preschool. The kids got all dressed up in costumes and paraded around the school. Lucky for me, it was my day off, so I got to stick around and watch the fun.
Afterward, the kids had a mini-megillah reading. Here's my boy with his grogger, ready to boo Haman.
Day 78: Winter?
Hey Winter, where did you go? I know it's March and all, but Spring isn't supposed to arrive for another 2 weeks!
| WTF kind of winter weather is this?! |
| The daffodils love it. |
Hubby and I went to a Holi Purim, St. Patrick party over the weekend. Between the 3 holidays, there was a ton of colors, booze, music, and merriment. And costumes.
| Happy OMGWTFBBQ |
Hubby and I got dressed up for the occasion, of course!
My brother arrived as a cereal killer.
| My little brother not only kills cereal, but he slays us all with bad puns. |
Even the table and the musical instruments got dressed up!
| Marizpan goodness! |
And there you have it! Next week's theme: Spring!

No comments:
Post a Comment