Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Days 76-81: Photos of the week

Bad blogger! Bad!  So much for writing daily.  Well, at least I've been taking photos.  Here's what's been on my camera this week.


Day 76: St. Paddy's Day

There's corned beef in this photo. It's hiding under the veggies.

What's St. Paddy's Day without corned beef and cabbage?  Since I work late on Thursdays, there was no way I'd be able to make this at night. Crock pot to the rescue! Again!  This pic was taken in the morning, before I fired the thing up.  Next to my crock pot was my handy bread machine.  I made a loaf of Irish soda bread to go with dinner.  It came out ok, a bit darker than I would have liked.  I was worried my husband wouldn't eat it, but he did and liked it, too.


Day 77: The cute.  And the Not-So-Cute

The day started out with a large dose of cute. The Small Human had a Purim Party at preschool on Friday.  All the kids got to dress up in costume.  Can you guess which one is my Toy Story-obsessed little guy?

psst...he's the cute little kid on the left!
The rest of the morning? Not so cute.  I had a three hour long marathon dental procedure.  The poor dog had very severe periodontal disease. I saved all 14 extracted teeth for the owners to see. 
I hate teeth. Especially when I have to pull them.

Day 78: Holi Purim, Batman!

Saturday was much fun.  We spent the earlier part of the day playing in the backyard and removing dead stuff from the garden.  That night, we dropped the Small Human off at his Grandmom's, and Hubby and I went off to see my brother and SIL.  We met their new cat.  Like most of their cats, this one is eyeball deficient.  And like all of their cats, he's adorable.  After we went out to dinner, we all went to a party at a friend's house.
In honor of Holi, there were brightly colored things everywhere.  Lots of Christmas lights (Holi lights?), and brightly colored foods, and crayons, and even multi colored ice cubes for our multi-colored drinks.  In honor of Purim, there were hamantashen, costumed humans, and a plethora of (brightly colored) yummy things to drink.  A good time was had by all!

Hubby and I dressed up like pirates.
Rutgers pirates! ARRRRGH! UUUUUUU!
My brother was Rude Gesture (there's a middle finger as part of his costume), and my SIL was a leprechaun.
We learned that there's a fly model for Parkinson's. Who knew?

The food, like the company, was totally awesome :)
Underneath the pretty colors was a cake full of chocolatey goodness.

One of the party hosts is a master at marzipan.
The rest of the photos I will put on FB. At some point.  Hubby and I were very grateful that the Small Human slept over his grandmom's that night, because we didn't get to bed til 3:30 AM.  And apparently, the boy woke up my MIL at 4 AM and refused to go back to sleep.  My poor MIL!

Day 79: Howdy, spring!  And howdy, neighbor!

It was just too beautiful to stay inside on Sunday.  So I gathered up the male humans in my house and we went for a walk around the neighborhood.  The Small Human discovered a bunch of kids playing in someone's yard, so we went to visit them.  Hooray for new friends!
A sunny day, sidewalk chalk, and a trampoline. Can't get much better than that!
 Turns out that one of Hubby's classmates from high school lives around the corner from us.  I  now know I've only got about 5 months to lose weight before his reunion....

Day 80: Invite only

My grandmother is turning 90 this year, so my aunts are throwing her a big party.  My cousin volunteered me to do the invites.  I think her plan was for her to help me.  Since there weren't too many to do, however, I didn't really need the help. It's hard to tell with me editing out most of the text, but I think they came out pretty nice.



Day 81: Cat in a box

I think the title says it all, really.  For whatever reason, the Red Beast hasn't chewed this box to shreds.  Probably because he loves to sleep in it.
Lazer kitteh in box needz macro plz
So there ya go.  My week in photos.  I'd like to promise I'll post daily again, but I'm fairly certain that's a lie.  I'll try to post more than once a week, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment