Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 264: Kiss my Aster, Summer!

In other words, happy Fall Equinox!

Kiss my ASSter, get it? Er, well, yeah, it's a lame joke. I know. The flowers are pretty though, right?

A few of my tomato plants are full of green tomatoes.  I'm hoping they'll ripen before frost!

I wonder how many WW points are fried green tomatoes?

Tonight's dinner was Thai basil chicken with jasmine rice, and artichokes on the side.  Right before we were going to sit down, the Small Human decided he had to go potty.  Hubby took him and helped him take care of business, while I got dinner on the table.  We all finished our respective duties at the same time, and sat down again to dinner.  Just as our fannies hit their chairs, the doorbell rang.  I sighed, and got up to go get it.  Hubby beat me to it.  At the door were two high school kids, freshly graduated, selling newspaper subscriptions in support of some cause.

As one of the kids launches into his spiel, the Small Human runs up to the door, and with a big smile, says, "Hi!"  The salesmen smile back at my adorable child.  Then, the adorable child says, "Why are YOU here?!"  The smiles become more nervous.  Then, my boy says, "It's getting late!  And dinner's on the table!" And since my Small Human feels the need to repeat everything he says at least 16 times, he repeated those 3 sentences over and over through the entire interaction.  The poor salesman was reduced to stammering his spiel. 

It took a lot of self control to not say, "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Out of pity, I donated 5 bucks to whatever cause it was for which the kids were raising money.  Getting schooled by a 4 year old had to be pretty damn embarrassing.


No comments:

Post a Comment