Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Yet another catch up post

So, I've once again discovered the problem with laying down on the couch to snuggle with the catch and watch TV for a few minutes.  Comfy, purring felines plus drone of the TV plus soft couch equals naptime.  Which means, no blogging.

There ya go. My lame excuse.  Anyway, here's the photos since the last post.

Day 259: My Blue-Eyed Boy

See those beautiful eyes?  They mean I'm in big trouble when this kid is a teenager.

I took a whole bunch of pics of my kid eating his icy-pop (his name for a Popsicle), and most of them sucked. My Retro Camera app distorts colors a bit, but in this case it really brought out the color of the Small Human's eyeballs  Obviously, I'm pretty darn biased, but I think he's the cutest kid ever!


Day 260: Meow.

Old lady, who sounds like an old man when she meows.

This cat's youngest human brother was celebrating his 3rd birthday the day this pic was taken.  We had a lot of fun at the birthday party.  Turns out the best pic I took that day was of Teh Kitteh.

Day 261: Ahoy, Septemberfest!

Avast! Arrr ye takin' me photograph?

My town puts on a festival in the park every September, hence the name. This year, the theme was Cruising through Town.  There were Caribbean "photo ops" throughout the park.  And as you can see from the photo, there were pirates walking about, too.  Local businesses can set up booths if they like, and this year, my practice set one up.  I had a lot of fun saying hi to clients and their dogs as they walked by.  Hubby and Small Human went off to play on the bounce houses while I was doing my thing.  I ran into a ton of people I knew.  At the end of the day,  the males were exhausted.

All play and no work makes the Small Human a tired boy!
Despite exhausting my husband and son, we all had a good day.

Day 262: Wings

My kid wants to be Buzz Lightyear for Halloween.  I usually wait til the last minute to buy a costume, and then have to scramble because all the good stuff is sold out.  So this year, I bought it early.  The wings are on a harness, that detach from the rest of the costume.  The wing tips light up, too, an obnoxious red and blue strobe combination guaranteed to induce a migraine.  Lucky for me, the Small Human's not a fan of the lights.


I took a video of him running in circles and flying, too.  I might post it to Facebook at some point....

Day 263: Pretty Dinner

Red snapper baked in parchment with olives, artichoke hearts, and cherry tomatoes, served with red quinoa, and spinach sauteed in garlic and olive oil.  The fish was kind of pricey, but it was totally worth it.  Bonus for a meal low in WW points!


No comments:

Post a Comment