Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 265: Me, too! Me, too!


Oh, Myspace.  I remember you.  You're like that first crush from middle school.  Confusing and awkward, yet irresistible; then but a distant and somewhat embarrassing memory later on in life.

So here it is, 2011, and we've got Facebook as the heavyweight champion of social media.  Google+ is the up-and-commer. Maybe.  And then there's Twitter and LinkedIn, and a bunch of other ones I don't even know exist.  Facebook just did a major upgrade, which made everyone get their panties in a knot.  (Yeah, mine got in a knot, too. I admit it. I'm over it now, though. I swear!)  I've seen a bunch of friends jump to Google+, at least to check it out.  So with all that activity, I guess Myspace is feeling lonely.

I got an email today from Myspace, begging asking me to check out their new page, cuz they got a brandy dandy new upgrade, too.  "Psst! Test out a new Myspace homepage!  See how relevant we are! Please? Pretty please?  You've ignored me for months, Annie! Come baaaaack!"

To be honest, I didn't realize I still had an account there.

I guess checking out that new Myspace page can't be any worse than looking up the Facebook profile on that long-ago middle school crush, no?

From my email box this evening. Myspace begging for attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment