Friday, April 22, 2011

Days 102-108 Photo Dump

In an effort to catch up with todayish, I present to you a shitload of photos from the past week and a half.

Day 102:  Loud purr

Loons will purr so loudly she sounds like she's chirping.  I took a video of it. It's kindof a crappy video, but if you turn the volume up, you can hear her chirping.


Day 103: Thrift Store Score!

We have a really awesome thrift store about 5 minutes away from here. It's particularly awesome for toys.  My son outgrows toys almost as rapidly as he does clothes.  Half the time, the stuff at the thrift store is almost in new condition anyway.  Besides, at his age, the boy isn't going to know or care where the toy comes from!

I've gotten some cool things from the thrift store in the past few years.  This, however, is one of my best finds yet:


This huge dollhouse for boys firehouse play set runs between $150-$200 brand new online.  At the thrift store? $49.  And with my FIL's senior citizen discount? $25.  Sweet!

Kidkraft tells me it will cost $46 to get the rest of the spare parts for this thing.  Even if I do buy them, then it's still half the price of buying it brand new.

I'm really glad we finished the attic, because now I have a place to hide this thing until the Small Human's birthday!

Day 104: Hands of a Young Artist

Last week, when I visited my son at lunchtime, my niece and I took turns drawing pictures on this little magnetic board thing.  Here's her hands, poised to draw the masterpiece of the minute :)


I wonder if she's going to follow in her Mommy's footsteps and become an artist.

Day 105:  Little Helpers
In a cake-filled week, we ended the week with another celebration.  My MIL's birthday was on Friday.  Pizza and more cake occurred.  The Small Humans were very happy with this.  And both were quite happy to help their Grandmom blow out the candles.

Day 106: Baby Shower, part 2
Somehow, I managed to lose weight this week.  Woo hoo! Twenty five pounds down, and twenty five more to go.  I don't expect it to happen overnight (but that'd sure be nice!), but I hope by this time next year, I'll be sporting size 6 pants again.  We'll see what reality brings.

Anyway, even more cake occured!  SIL's baby shower #2 was on this day.  The edible kind of cake was cupcakes, and they were pretty darn awesome.  I made a diaper cake for the occasion.  The Small Human "helped" me build it.
He chose the rocker duck for the center of the cake.  Can you tell he's my kid? :)

Day 107:  Oops
No photos today. Too busy getting ready for Passover!  So here's a photo from a trip to Aruba in 2006.

Day 108: Happy Passover!


Monday was the first night of Passover.  A friend and her two young sons came over. We weren't a big group, but that did not stop me from cooking like I had the entire Duggar clan coming over to celebrate.  I made my mom's brisket recipe.  It's been a long, long time since I've had that.  The smell of the meat cooking brought up good memories of childhood.  Of course, there was also potato kugel. And chocolate matzoh crack. And two types of charoset. And eggs. And spinach. And wine. And cookies. And fruit. And some very, very full tummies by the time it was all done :)

We were a small party, but that did not stop us from being boisterous.  Here we are discussing the 10 Plagues.




Hubby got into an argument with the horseradish, and lost.

I gotta upload my camera to finish this entry.  So it looks like this one will be a two-parter. I know you can't wait.  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment