Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 117-119 Greenery

Day 117: A Jog in the Park
It was another beautiful day on Wednesday.  After I dropped the boy off at school, I went over to the park for a jog.  I'm not a very fast runner at all.  I'm embarrassingly slow, actually.  But it's fun anyway, and I'm not looking to run a marathon.  Anyway, here's the view towards the end of my run:
Retro Camera makes life look gloomier than it is. It was a nice day outside.
On a somewhat related note, I love MotionTraxx podcasts.  Having a set cadence makes it easier for me to stay on track.  Trance is not something I normally listen to, but for whatever reason, it works for me if I'm running.

Day 118: Front Lawn
Our "lawn" needs to be mowed.  I put lawn in quotation marks, because it's really a patchwork of assorted weeds, moss, and wildflowers.  With a little bit of grass thrown in for good measure.  I don't know the name of the pretty purple flowers that have invaded our front lawn, but I really like them.
Not a green lawn, but it's pretty!
Hubby's task on Sunday is to mow our motley mix of yard greenery.  While I agree it needs to be done, I'll be sad to see the flower patch go.  There's more of these in my garden, at least.

Day 119: A Cat, and a Book
The book I'm currently reading, accompanied by a cat that makes such a good pillow, I fall asleep on him almost every night.
Crappy picture, good book, good cat.
The Red Beast's eyeballs are normally yellow and clear. The flash on my Droid makes my cat look like he's got a problem.  BTW, you need to read this book.  It's about the exploration of supercaves, and it's awesome.  It's full of adventure and terror, and all things claustrophobic, and I totally recommend it.

Tomorrow: March of Dimes March for Babies!  I've collected over $360 in donations.  For those of you that have donated, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment