Day 96: Well-Behaved Small Human
| Bounty from our conquest at the mall |
Our office manager was fixing the alarm at work, and it kept beeping. The Spotted Beast was bewildered.
![]() |
| Spotted kitteh sayz, OMGWTFBBQ!!!!11!1 |
Day 98: My Cat, the Patient
I don't like working on my own animals. It's really hard to be objective when the pet you're working on is the same one that you curl up with when you watch American Idol. For some things, I just won't do it. When the Gray Beast lost all the skin on one of her legs last year, there was no way I could do the big surgeries good and proper. It was painful just to look at her!
Well, the White Beast had nasty breath. As in, his butt smelled better than his face. He drools when he's happy. It's gross. I noticed a bunch of rotted teeth in his mouth, and knew what needed to be done. But I wasn't happy about it. To make life more exciting, this same cat also has inflammatory bowel disease, a touch of asthma, and early heart disease, too. Now, the cardiologist (yes, my cat sees a cardiologist) said he'd be ok for anesthesia, but it was nerve wracking nonetheless.
Friday morning, I dropped the White Beast off to work, then dropped the Small Human off to school. I had the technicians put in the IV catheter while I was on the road, so I wouldn't be tempted to hover over them. The technicians had a great time teasing me about being a nervous cat mommy. Turns out the cat did great under anesthesia. I removed a small growth from behind his right ear, and extracted three nasty, icky teeth.
![]() |
| My poor cat had festering, infected teeth in his face. |
The White Beast recovered uneventfully. He's a big chicken shit in general. Hanging out in the prep room at work was no exception.
![]() |
| Not the bravest beast in all the land... |
Saturday was spent on Day Two of the attic renovation. We went off to Home Depot in the morning for more wood, and Hubby spent the rest of the day installing a floor. I ran stuff up the attic stairs and back. The Small Human was put in charge of keeping the cats out of his room. He did his job gleefully. In between running things into the attic, I stained the new-to-us furniture for the boy's room. Amazing what a little bit of stain can do to make the scratches disappear! The day was a beautiful one. Good thing, because those windows needed to be wide open while I worked with the stain!
I didn't take photos of the furniture, but I did take photos of the attic. I've already moved some baby stuff up there.
| There's a floor in our attic! Hooray! |
![]() |
| The most awesomest hat ever. Til it popped, 5 minutes later. |
More celebrations to come in the next post. Sunday was all about partying.




No comments:
Post a Comment