Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 41: The Constipation Blues

Valentine's Day party at Grandmom's

I discovered a cool camera app for my Droid called Retro Camera.  It basically turns my phone into any one of 5 different old school cameras.  This one was taken with the Polaroid camera.

My poor kid is still having poo issues.  We did not have a good day on Thursday. My Small Human is still holding  it in for days on end, and then has days where he's spending the whole day crying and holding his stomach.  I did not realize that Thursday was going to be a day like that when I woke him up this morning.  I literally carried my kicking and screaming son down the stairs to get him ready to go to see his grandma so I could go to work.  After 15-20 minutes of his non-stop hysterics, I finally lost it and yelled at him.  Not cool.  Even worse, was realizing later that it was poop day.

Thursday was SO not my day to win Mother of the Year.



When I visited my boy at lunch, he was moaning and writhing on the couch.  My MIL had baked a cake and he barely wanted to eat that.  You know life is bad when a 3 year old does not want cake. I hugged him and told him I was sorry for yelling at him earlier in the morning.  And because my son is just that awesome, he hugged me back and said, "I love you mama."  Forgiven just like that.

  When I called an hour or two later, I heard him screaming in the background. "OWW! OWWW! OWWW! OW!"  I managed to get out early and came over.  By the time I got there, my MIL said the kid had been shitting for a half hour.

This was a diaper to behold.  This was not your run-of-the-mill poopie diaper experience.  Hells, no.  This was your THX 7.1 surround sound, hi-def 3D fecal experience.  This diaper must have weighed 4 lbs.  Shit was encrusted on my child's genitals, and running down his legs.  And I was thrilled to see that much shit come out of my little boy, because it meant that he would not be screaming in pain anymore.

I feed him as much fruit and veggies as I can get into him.  He gets as much water as he will drink.  Not that he will drink it, but I do offer juice for him to try.  The child loves beans.  His peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are on whole grain, high fiber bread.  I feed him miralax twice daily.  Since this whole poo thing started, I don't push him to poop on the potty ever.   So why the hell is he still holding his poop for 3-4 days until he is in agony? 

I finally broke down and called the doc for a referral to a gastroenterologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment