Friday, February 4, 2011

Days 34 & 35: Before and After

I love my crock pot. What a wonderful device! I can dump assorted food items into it in the morning, and I come home to dinner. Make a big enough portion, and I've got leftovers to last for a few days, too. On the days where I work late, my crock pot is a life saver! And a diet saver, too....

So yesterday, I got my ingredients together to make lentil soup:
  
Carrots and celery, oh my!
 This morning, before I woke the boy up for school, I dumped in my veggies and some lentils and some bacon (everything is better with bacon!) and turned on my trusty crock pot.  Ten hours later? Lentil soup occured:

Lentil soup with spinach = Nom nom nom
Lentil soup + home made pizza = super duper yummy.


My Small Human missed both the pizza and the "beans" tonight.  He's been napping since 2ish, apparently. It's almost 9PM now, so that's a bit odd.  I hope he's not getting sick.  And I sure as hell hope that if he's gonna take an extended nap like this, that he sleeps through the night and doesn't wake up ready to party at ass o'clock.  If so, Hubby's gonna have to be the one to party with him.  I have WW and work in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment