Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 46: A Visit to the Dentist, and Other Unpleasantries

Yesterday was not my kid's best day.  We started out with a visit to the dentist.

My kid is so cute, the staff at the dentist's office took this photo!
While he looks happy here, that mood changed pretty quickly when the hygienists tried to X-ray his teeth and then clean them.  Thankfully, meltdown did not occur.  But it was pretty darn obvious that he was not having any of that teeth cleaning business!  At least he let the dentist look at his teeth.  The gray incisor from a year ago is less gray than it was, and it doesn't seem to bother him.  Since the child will not permit X-rays, I have no idea if the adult tooth is ok or not. I hope so.

After the visit to the dentist, we went to my MIL's house to carry out the doctor's orders.  On Valentine's Day, I brought the Small Human to the doctor to find out what to do about this poo issue.  His recommendations?  Three enemas:  Two of 'em 15 minutes apart, and the third one 6 hours later.

So much for keeping potty trauma to a minimum.

The Small Human was pretty miserable through the whole thing, but bounced back pretty quickly once results were obtained.  I now know what five days of stored up poo looks like.  I will not share with you, except to say that it was impressive. Very, very impressive.

After the child had a bath, he was perfectly content to run around and play and be his normal, happy self.  And despite me administering two of those 3 enemas (Hubby had the honor of giving the third one), the boy was still glad to see me after work, and full of hugs and smiles like normal.

As for me?  I don't think I'm over it quite yet.  Last night after I put the boy to bed, I had a glass of white wine and fell asleep watching Dirty Jobs. Maybe Mike Rowe can give the next round, if we have to do this again.

I sure as hell hope we don't have to do this again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment