Monday, February 7, 2011

Days 36 and 37: Weekend Roundup

Day 36: Saturday morning Donuts
On Facebook, my aunt requested a photo of the donuts I bring to work on Saturday mornings. So, here ya go! Donuts!
Enteman's Popems: Saturday morning crack.

Why do I bring donuts on Saturday mornings?  Because it's a rare Saturday of mine when things go swimmingly, we only see healthy kittens, puppies, unicorns, and rainbows, and we all get out on time.  Nope.  It's usually chaotic, we see a lot of sick pets, and usually get out late.  So those donuts are my way of thanking my coworkers for putting up with the crazy when they could have spent their morning sleeping in.



Day 37: Superbowl Party
The littlest Steelers fan at the party.
Sorry, Steelers fans out there.  Last night was not your night.

It was also not Comcast's night.  Somebody apparently hit a telephone pole, and the party we were attending lost their TV signal. Right after Christina Aguilera flubbed the Star Spangled Banner, but right before the coin toss.  My friends, the party hosts (who are also rabid Steelers fans), almost blew their gaskets.  Thankfully, my brother remembered that there are other forms of media out there besides the TV or internet (also down), and broke out the AM radio.  So we sat around, listening to the game on WFAN.

Honestly, I could care less about the game. For me? It's all about the commercials!  Commercials on WFAN, however, are not the same as those on Fox.  Whatever.  Hanging out with good friends and good food made for a good party, TV or not!

For the record, Comcast redeemed themselves shortly after the first quarter. The TV watching resumed, and the universe righted itself. More or less.

BTW, The Black Eyed Peas were AWFUL.  I can say that it was nice to see they weren't lip-syncing, and the dancing was nice.  But, well, maybe they would have sounded better if the whole thing was pre-recorded.   The kids had a good time dancing to it, at least.  I thought my husband's ears were going to bleed when Fergie tried to sing Sweet Child o 'Mine.  I wonder if Slash was crying behind those sunglasses...

No comments:

Post a Comment