Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 54: My Sun

The Small Human has been in such a grouchy mood lately. I think the terrible twos are back for an encore.  Between the "NOOOOOO!"  and the "I DON'T WANNA!" he's been driving me bananas! Yesterday, however, he was replete with cute and just made me want to hug him:

How could I be mad at this face?
I was running around, getting breakfast ready and trying to gather up whatever the boy needed for school that morning.  While I was scurrying about, The Small Human found a book and made himself comfortable on the couch.  As I breezed by, he said, "Mommy? Can you read me a story? Maybe one with dinosaurs in it?"

I admit that I regret making it to school on time.  I should have read him that story right there and then.  On a more positive note, he did get an extra story or two yesterday. And lots of hugs.

Later, when he came home from school, we dumped out all the puzzles and put them back together again.  That same spot in the computer room is nice and sunny. The cats love it.  The Red Beast hung out with us.  And so, I present to you two the Red Beast, from two different angles.

Quite the Fatty Boombalatty

Not quite the Fatty Boombalatty

No comments:

Post a Comment