Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 43: Adventure Aquarium

I broke my foot back in late October, and had surgery on it in December.  So I've been taking it easy for a while.  Now that it's been almost 2 months since the surgery, I can finally be more active.  Thank goodness!  Last week, I became reacquainted with the elliptical.  Since I haven't been in too much pain, I decided that it was time to get out of the house and do something fun!

Yesterday, we spent the day at the aquarium. For the first time since the Small Human was born, we left the stroller in the car when we visited. I'm so glad we did that!  It made it so much easier to get around without it, and the Small Human is big enough to see into most tanks on his own now, anyway.  I packed the Ergo just in case, but I didn't need it.

I took a boatload of photos.  Here are two of the better ones!

Feeding time

"The Nemos!"
The Small Human was fascinated by all the fish, and loved running up to all the tanks.  But by the time we got to the sharks, the poor kid had had enough.  Between lack of sleep and over-stimulation, meltdown occurred.  So the shark tunnel could have been a lot more fun.  Maybe next time.  All in all, I say the aquarium was a great way to spend a windy, blustery Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment