Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 2: Meeting a new friend


I took a ton of photos today using my Canon. This morning I went to visit some good friends, who just had a baby 2 weeks ago. Here she is sleeping on her Daddy.

It was good to see my friends!  Mama is learning to adjust to the lack of sleep and to being a perpetual milk dispenser.  I remember having to learn these lessons.  They suck.  I remember thinking I had that whole lack of sleep thing down pat, considering I've been through vet school, and considering that I've been an EMT.  Nope.  So watching my friend struggle as she learns the new mama lessons brings back some unpleasant memories. I do remember, however, my small human smiling at me, around 3 months into New Mama Boot Camp.  That smile made the entire experience worth it.

I'm telling you, hormones do some crazy shit to a mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment