I made it to my dentist's appointment, but before anything dentally could occur, I got the phone call from the teacher. My Small Human was inconsolable. So I apologized to the staff at the dental office and beat out of there. By the time I got to school, of course he was in a better mood. I took him home anyway. The crying and saying "ouch!" continued once we got home. Finally, Cthulhu crawled out of my kid's ass. Life became a better place soon after.
Poor kid. I don't know how to convince him that if he poops daily, this kind of thing won't happen. Never mind the fact that I would like him to deposit his shit into a toilet. Right now, I just want him to be comfortable.
Anyway, here's a photo I took in the middle of all of that.
This doesn't bode well for his future intestinal happiness. Any idea what's provoking it?
ReplyDeleteI remember toilet training Evan. He was 3 1/2 by the time he fully caught on. head-->desk Then, by the time he was a teenager and a Very Large Human, plumbing issues of the household variety were the norm.
I'd bribe Anthony, personally. It would be worth it for both of you.
G STILL has bowl issues occasionally. I was trying to give him ground flax seeds in smoothies and sprinkled in his peanut butter sandwiches, but what has really helped the most was MY change in diet. Once I really increased the fruits and veggies I am eating all day long, he sees me with an apple "Hey, can I have an apple?" or grapes or carrots, etc. I'm also putting out more veggie & bean options with dinner and both kids are gobbling them up. At least, more than before - and we haven't had poop issues with the boy in weeks!! It's really helping!
ReplyDeleteThe boy loves beans, and will happily eat apples and grapes and assorted other fruits. I'm on WW, so I cook high fiber meals frequently. While the boy will not drink juice, he will drink water.
ReplyDeleteI think the problem is that he's holding it. It hurt to poop, so he doesn't want to poop, so he holds it, which makes it hurt to poop, etc. *sigh*
We have tried bribery, we have tried telling him that this is what big boys do, we've tried sitting the potty in the living room so he can watch a movie while he sits. No go. He won't even sit on the damn thing at this point. Never mind the lollipops and stickers that await him.
I suspect that this is something he's just gonna have to grow out of. When he's college age, I imagine that 1) he'll be fully weaned, and 2) he'll be fully toilet trained :)