Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 9: Kitchen Magic

I've been on Weight Watchers for years.  In 2006, I finally made my goal weight and made lifetime.  Which was great, til I got pregnant. Ya know, 1 week later. Literally.  After my child was extracted from my belly, I lost all but 10-15 lbs of baby weight.  Then I got lazy.  Then my dad died.  Then I stopped giving a shit about weight loss.  Which is dumb, since part of the reason my dad croaked at the age of 63 was due to his morbid obesity.

I never said that I was logical.

Anyway, I've since regained about half the weight that I have lost.  For the past year, I've been at a plateau.  Which, in one sense, is good, because I could have been back at the start of my lil' weight loss journey.  Or worse.  On the other hand, it's bad, because there are size 6 pants in my closet that I do not fit into anymore.

Well, a new year brings another go at this weight loss thing.  I have never really left WW, but I've just kind of been hovering in my little realm of fatty fatness.   Last month, the program changed.  For me, it's a welcome kick in the ass.  I think part of the reason I've been stuck at my current weight (besides the obvious laziness and lack of willpower), is because I've become so used to the old program.  I didn't bother looking things up half the time, because I knew how many points a certain item was.

Enter Points Plus.  Now I don't know the program anymore.  Which means, now I gotta pay attention again.  With luck (and perhaps, a bit more willpower, and a little less laziness), I'll get back into those size 6's by this time next year.  Or sooner.  I'm OK with sooner.

What's this all have to do with the photo?  Well, there's this awesome WW recipe website, called skinnytaste.com.  I found recipes for Pernil, which is more or less pulled pork, and for collard greens.  I made them both, plus a WW beans and rice recipe I've made before, and wallah!  Kick ass dinner.  How kick ass was it?  It was SO kick ass, that my 3 year old tried collards without even being asked!  W00t!  OK, so he spat 'em right out after they landed in his mouth, but hey, he gets an A for effort, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment