Well, it snowed again. These things tend to happen when it’s winter. For whatever reason, people treat snow like it’s the end of the world. Hurry up! Get to the store and buy eggs, bread, milk, and beer! The Small Human’s preschool canceled classes the night before, since there was already a devastating micron of white stuff on the roads.
We had a pretty good day yesterday. The Small Human and I suited up and ran around the back yard, throwing snow up in the air and generally enjoying ourselves. Around 10 minutes later, the boy realized his mittens had snow on them, and, thus, were considered dirty. Since going sans mittens would mean cold hands, he decided that he really just wanted to go back inside. So much for my plan to stay outside til our toes left the building.
Back inside, we had a Toy Story marathon in reverse. The boy started with #3 and worked backwards throughout the day. I made a nice big pot of beef and barley stew with rosemary and orange, and accompanied it with a loaf of whole wheat bread. It was supposed to be made in the bread machine, except the thing wouldn’t work! So I decided to do it by hand. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that making bread isn’t really all that hard. For some reason, I have been intimiadated by the whole bread making process.
Turns out my bread machine wasn’t broken. It preheats for 30 minutes before kneading on the whole wheat cycle. I was just impatient. Oops. Well, whatever. I made bread by hand and it was edible! Woo hoo!
By the end of the day, all that playing, cooking, and choring caught up with me. My recently surgerized foot was really, really sore. To the point that it was swollen when I woke up this morning. Yay. Considering the good times that were had yesterday, I’d say it was worth it.
Mongo has sister. He say she bright and purdy. I say - majic box haz instructions that say whole wheat bread has a preheat cycle. Dough!
ReplyDelete