Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 19: Semi-automatic Dinner


Oh, how I love my crock pot and my bread machine.  I use the crock pot at least once a week, and the bread machine at least a few times each month.  Today's experiments included a garlic-basil bread, and making a variant of my mother-in-law's tomato sauce recipe in the crock pot.  Bread: Win!  Crock pot sauce: Fail.  Crock pottery x 4 hours does not equal holding vigil over the sauce pot on the stove x 3 hours.  Oh well.  It wasn't a total failure.  It just doesn't taste as good as it does when I make it the regular way.  Not to mention, the size of the recipe overflowed my 6 quart pot!  Especially when the meatballs were added.

After dinner, I cooked the sauce for another 2 hours.  It's a little better now.  But next time, either I'll need to really up the spices, or halve the recipe.  Better yet, I'll need to stop being lazy and just make the damn recipe on the stove!

No comments:

Post a Comment